Time for a change?

But much much better than me singing

2 Likes

Hope you are getting the :heart: care needed and on the road to recovery

1 Like

:metal:

1 Like

That would have been my pick too back in my teenage years.

Ride the lightning was the first proper album I got off a mate at school on battered vinyl when we weee about 13 years old… Absolutely loved it; trapped under ice at chest crushing volume - nothing better on a Naim system…

Did also recently buy a remastered copy of the first Black Sabbath album and the pressing and sound quality is truly amazing, Amazon get it very right indeed sometimes…:+1::+1::+1: One of my faves - Reign in Blood; a little too much for this forum?!?

1 Like

I’m just trying the BNC on my NDX2, seems to sound rather good all round. Where have you and @Polarbear tried them in your systems? My dealer has one on their router and said it improved all the streaming in their showroom. I see Chord suggest working from the source and note that if the source is streaming, then the switch is part of that chain and they recommend one on the EE8.

1 Like

Not at all. Slayer are a great band although always leave me wanting a bit more live. I did see several
Of their shows when they played RIB in full. Metal is my first music love and still forms a big part of my listening. I am on a Black Metal binge at the moment. Metallica will always be my favourite band having been seeing them live since ‘95 when I was 16 and now having almost 100 shows under my belt. Its a lifestyle at this point :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry Mike - I’ve not tried any of the Chord GroundARAY products.

1 Like

Sorry, I got mixed up with the cross referencing. Anyway, the linked thread was like handbags at dawn….

1 Like

I have one on the phono and one on a spare Din on the back of the 552. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the best result.

2 Likes

I really must stop popping over to Peters for a chat.

I have come away with a couple more cables to play with :blush:

4 Likes

The forbidden cables? :joy:

Forbidden?

These look like DIN-XLRs and are signal only so certainly not forbidden on here.

2 Likes

They are Chord Music Din-XLRs to replace the Vertere ones I had, they are not forbidden!

3 Likes

I use the same cables between my S1 to 500 head unit Polarbear. So very good! Enjoy!

1 Like

I thought they were burndys……

1 Like

It must be the heat……you are forgiven😂

1 Like

And it’s true Gazza, couldn’t sleep well last night: hot and thunderstorms. I was asking myself if I should switch off or not all my system. The thunderstorm was not so near….

1 Like

Always difficult to know which direction thunderstorms are headed. My general rule is if I can hear thunder I switch my entire system off and unplug it. If thunderstorms are predicted in my area at night or when I am away I too shut down my system in advance.

2 Likes

Yep……play safe