Time For The First Aro topic of 2021

Yes its that time again, interesting figures from MF also. In addition it wouldn’t need firmware updates and wouldn’t reboot itself nor does it have a screen :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

The 50 year anniversary is not so far away now. That’s what I’m going to miss the most.

1 Like

Sign me up! An updated Aro would be a truly special gift to the remaining Naim analog groupies. Imo, the Tiger Paw clone was fleeting moment of hope that unfortunately fizzled out too fast but proved that it could be done and they would sell. C’mon Naim, throw us a bone!

1 Like

An Aro 5 Star Refurbishment Service would be good !

2 Likes

That refurbishment service existed, certainly circa 10 years ago, when I had mine rebuilt in Salisbury.

Me too…mine was rewired and checked over by the factory at a reasonable price about 4 years ago
Some new parts were used …so obviously some parts are still available

1 Like

We need more ambition here; new Aro? Yes please. But don’t stop there; let’s have the whole thing, an arm, a turntable, even a cartridge!

Please.

9 Likes

We need a proper high end DD from Naim. Technics now effectively has a monopoly.

I was always surprised that Naim didn’t follow that route many years ago given the ARO was arguably the best arm on the market in it’s day, still probably

I had an Ittok ( 3 of first one lasted 18 months and the 2nd about 2 years a batch of faulty bearings replaced FOC ) when they first came out 1981 ?
Then 2004 bought an Aro a vast improvement over the Ittok in all departments. Still have the Aro on a Tangerine Audio LP 12 Stiletto, Armeggedon, Kiseki Blue NS, I haven’t got an itch to scratch happy with my system.

Regards,

Martin

3 Likes

My first LP12 tonearm was a second hand Ittok LVII, and the bearings lasted about 5 years. Linn weren’t interested although they did offer 10% off replacement. Just to be sure, I auditioned Ittok and Ekos against Aro, and it was a bullseye at first shot!

Perhaps a collaboration with another manufacturer could be interesting. Naim electronics along with Rega or Vertere mechanical engineering.

Hmm…

If memory serves me Guy designed the Aro and the electrostatics?What’s he up to now ?

Regards,

Martin

I think that Naim has more urgent things to fix, like optimise the new streamers and fix issues, improve the checking before the components leave the factory, and maybe think to improve their preamps and amps quite unchanged since 18 years. Prepare the future of their streamers with a new modern dac.

1 Like

Yes FR, but apart from that …

2 Likes

You think they could still have some time left to produce a new Aro?
It’s what you were meaning ?

My bad FR.
It was a play on the Monty Python sketch called, “What have the Romans ever done for us?”

Your to do list is so long that Naim could barely have the time for anything else.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

I am the new manager of Naim audio. Charlie is gone.
I bought a brand new whip for that occasion. There will be a revolution in Salisbury !

3 Likes

A French Revolution ?

2 Likes

Here the new Salisbury clothes

1 Like