Tina Turner

An often misused description, but she truly was one of the greats.

A true singer’s singer, loved by all.

R.I.P. Tina, and thank you for all the great memories.

6 Likes

Yep my favorite track on the album. It is masterful. It’ll be queued up tonight along with Private dancer and others. N

3 Likes

Playing now👍

3 Likes

Got a call one afternoon from a college mate, probably around 88 or 89. He asked if I fancied going to a gig at Portman Road Ipswich… only a half hour up the A12. I was free that night so said yes. I then asked who was playing. He said Tina Turner. Uncomfortable silence over the phone. Wasn’t my bag at all really back then… I thought twice but we went.
Still, even now, stays in my mind as one of the top 3 shows I’ve ever seen. She was phenomenal. Wonderful backing band including the legendary John Miles (RIP) on guitar.
Will never forget that night.
Saw the West End show “Tina” last year and really enjoyed it… what a life she had.
Thanks for the legacy Anna Mae.

8 Likes

Very sad, and bit of a shock too, i know she was getting on some but she always looked very healthy and young for her years, makes it all the more poignant.

3 Likes

Been seriously ill for a few years unfortunately.

A very significant loss of an 80’s legend IMV. I recall the staggering ‘comeback’ performances on Channel 4’s, The Tube. A real shock wave of talent and power.
I saw her at Wembley Stadium. I was near the back, but she pulled it off in that monster arena on a lovely sunny afternoon. Great memories. Rest well Tina and thanks.

2 Likes

A sad loss. Great voice. Beautiful woman

5 Likes

One of my wife’s absolute icons, sad house tonight, legend.

5 Likes

Rest well you legend, and thank you for your gifts to us all.

3 Likes

Loved Tina Turner. There was no one like her. Different class. Ignore the big hits of the eighties, she was in a league of her own in the 60s/70s.

3 Likes

Sad loss, great voice. She was the face of Rugby League here in the late 80s early 90s and toured the pubs/clubs instead of playing large venues.

3 Likes

Oh my, this is a big loss indeed. Not only an astonishing singing voice, but also a dancer with hypnotic stage presence too, and also inspiring how she moved forward professionally coming out of an abusive relationship when all the odds were against her. RIP Tina Turner.

4 Likes

Just read it on the news. So sad to hear this. What a great performer and singer. May she rest in peace. :cry:

2 Likes

I saw Tina Turner live in concert in 1990, in the grounds of Woburn Abbey.

A great performance in a wonderful setting.

2 Likes

RIP Tina Turner. Your time on this earth is up but my goodness what an incredible impression you made on us and your music will play on for generations to enjoy long into the future.

Peter

6 Likes

Yes she was, her star power was so important to Super League wasn’t it.

Amazing stadium performer, what a voice, presence and an incredible dancer to boot. I wish I’d seen her live.

3 Likes

I got to meet her a mere 34 years ago and still to date she is my favourite artist that I have met as she was such a lovely, gracious, engaging and warm person. RIP AMB

11 Likes

Your mountboard is full of acid and ruing your photo.

This sounds like a secret agent’s code phrase when meeting another spy in a smoky cafe in Minsk.

2 Likes