Tired of boxes, sell my 252/300?

@toriamos Good luck with Osiris. (If you could slip the NAC252 and SC my way please).

I was speaking only about electronics. Ndx2 / SN2 with the ps should be competitive with bare 202/200/ nd5xs2.

Unfortunately not, as my opinion of course.

It can’t be…

1 Like

Perhaps also competitive vs 272/ xps/ 200.

How about a Mark Levinson No. 5805 $8500.00

Very boring…
For 8k, you will have difficulties to find better than Ear 912. But has no phono.
It has a superb prat and beautiful midrange.
You can also consider the Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 300. @newcomer has one.

Totally agree I would only change my 252/300 for a Vitus

A friend of mine as Melco, Vitus into Avalon speakers and its one of the finest 3 boxes I have ever heard

1 Like

Listening to mine right now…and I agree, a masterpiece :grinning:

Well I cant help you with the comparison with your Naim amps , but having owned the Osiris , and Isis , for a few years I can say they punch well above their price point.

They both need correct installation with care taken with support , cabling , etc to get them to show their full capability , rather a lot like Naim equipment. If you just plonk them down you will only get a fraction of their capabilities.

Mine is happily driving PMC MB2se speakers , and there is nothing lacking in the sound at all. The only way you will really know is to try the Osiris in your system and if you like the Planar 10 ,then maybe you will like the Osiris.

5 Likes

You changed from 552/500 for it? How is the sound vs 552/500?

Still have the 552/500 Rooster, just expanding my horizons a bit…
Early days with the Vitus , not burned in yet but showing tremendous composure and insight into the music. Waiting on a new rack to properly support it- Fraim is not going to cut it :confounded:

3 Likes

MBL N51 integrated …One of the best systems I’ve heard was MBL 101 e mk2 with MBL mono’s

My seven boxes just smiled at me. Just sayin’

3 Likes

I have a 200/202 plus all the trimmings, they should be serviced but sound good.

I have a desire to downsize the box count for varying reasons, went to listen to the SN3 ( albeit without HiCap ) underwhelmed with sound, suspect that may be due to synchronicity with speakers.

Dealer installing a Rega Aethos on Thursday, it sounded very good. Been with Naim amplification for over 25 years , very saddening to be losing Naim, not unhappy about losing box count and complexity.

Still keeping the CDX2, NAT 03 and Unitiqute2 ( used as a DAC for the AV system and fed into amp)

1 Like

My usual Naim dealer sold off his personal 500 series system and bought Isis and Osiris. He spent quite some time trying cables before settling on some long out of production ones from I forget where but eventually replacing those with the ones Rega sell as an upgrade. Then a couple of years ago the Osiris went in favour of Tom Evans amps and if you think a Naim box is ugly wait until you see a Linear A. All this with SBLs but they’ve now gone in favour of Audionote Es. I heard the Linear A with AN Es when it came back from an upgrade and it really was rather good, I was less taken with the Osiris, which I spent a day with back when I had 250/hi/282.

2 Likes

Can we go back to the root cause of the thread? @toriamos, can you explain what “tired of boxes” means?

• Are you are unsatisfied with the sound? If so how?
  • Living conditions or a significant other has made multiple boxes difficult, but you’re satisfied with the sound.
  • None of the above. You just looked at the system one day and had an urge to build something different?
6 Likes

I only have experience with Rega Elicit mk2. It sounded quite close to Nait XS and both integrateds do not live up to my expectations. If considering Rega amps, I would say forget about the mid range integrateds. Rega Aethos or Osiris if it has to be a Rega.

With your 252/300 personally I would be looking at something else more exotic such as Vitus which will likely give the Naim separates a run for the money.

1 Like

One box sollutions that you could try
Krell k-300i
Hegel h190/390/590
Primare i25/i35
Anthem str
Lyngdorf tdai-2170/3400
Naim has options :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It really is the Nuvista 600, hybrid, dual mono, 200 W p/channel into 8 Ohms, with the same sound signature as its greater brother, the Nuvista 800, both the Statement integrateds from Musical Fidelity.

After testing the SN2 and SN3 in my system and room, with the ProAc K6, the NuVista 600 performs perfectly, offering a sound with great scale and dynamics, and with a fabulous three-dimensionality, really organic and with PRAT, very close to the Naim sound signature and giving the Naim integrateds a long long run.

MF’s NuVista series is on the line of the Luxman 509X, Accuphase E-480, Moon 600i/700i or Mark Levinson No. 585. All of them great options for a solvent system with a couple of boxes adding a good source, but, like everything, always depends on the synergy with the room, the system and, above all, with the speakers.

2 Likes