Titan 606

What a fantastic idea. Just looked at a YouTube video of them. :+1:

I have also considered the Iso Acoustics Gaia Series Threaded Isolation Feet. Take the original spikes off replace them with the Isolation feet, slide them to the desired position then fit the spikes underneath .
However, your idea is a lot cheaper and can be reused elsewhere .

1 Like

They are one of the most usefull things I have in my home tool box, chippies use them for hanging doors and tweaking hard to hold stuff before final fix. I am still bowled over by my 606’s so have fun with yours
Bill

I would love to hear Kudos but here in sunny Perth, alas no dealers. But we do have air wedges. I do cabinets, lots of on site fitting. Been doing this for decades. Would you believe that I had never heard of them? But now thanks to the Naim forum I am enlightened. I will race down to my friendly tool shop asap.

2 Likes

I upgraded to 606’s earlier in the year from Dynaudio Excite x38’s. Just love them, they have completely transformed my listening and suit my room so well. They are not fussy regarding placement in my room. I also got them for a veritable bargain ex demo, immaculate and at less than half price.

3 Likes

Hi Bill…If it’s not a silly question…Would it be the case that you put one wedge at the front, one at the rear of the 606, then slide into position? Even on carpet?

ThankS

Kudos recommend trying the Titans firing straight with 450mm gap from side walls minimum.

Rear of my 606s are 12” from the rear wall. They could go further back for a touch more bass but my previous neighbours moved out after me getting them and I don’t want to upset the new ones too much

Less than half price??. I’d jump at that. Is that in the uk?

Yes, used one at front and one at rear and slid into place over carpet onto lines marked by masking tape markers. For info will be a little wobbly on the wedges so need to gently hold upright. Once in position I lowered rear first to ensure exact position, before lowering fronts. If not quite right just inflate wedge until spikes clear carpet, amend and lower again, works a treat.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: The main reason I have detached, is not status…it’s my music. Loud at 1am​:+1:

2 Likes

Yes, in the UK. Think I was very, very lucky and jumped at it when I saw it.

Good point, Tim.

I visited @Cymbiosis with a view to placing an order for a pair of 707’s and, after comparing them to 606’s, bought the latter. Not that the 707’s were ”bad”, just that the 606’s spoke to me. The budget was there but the 606’s did it for me.

7 Likes

I’d have the 808’s, but my room wouldn’t take them.

I swapped my Track Audio spikes and shoes on the 606s for Gaia isolation pucks and swapped them back again. They did nothing for the sound. Mine are 9” from the wall and sound great.

11 Likes

Beautiful walnut veneer! But are these really 9 inches from the wall? Looks so much nearer in the close-up shots, but I guess pictures can give easily wrong spatial impressions. In any case — I am jealous, awesome speakers! :grinning:

4 Likes

LOL — quod erat demonstrandum. :rofl:

5 Likes

My Titan 606 are sat straight on the carpet without spikes whist running in, i’ve only had them a few days. I may want to adjust their positioning slightly over time and much easier without spikes. Quite frankly they sound so good i could leave them as they are😀…

2 Likes

Did the same with mine, have installed on spikes but sounded great without them in any case…
That said they seemed to be extremely tolerant of location, certainly in my room.

1 Like

Just to add the correct balance to this statement, as i feel its only right for any future buyers

Yes but as i told you in the 606 /250 thread, the gaia3 that you tried are not suitable for the 606, as they are too heavy for them, you needed the gaia2.

3 Likes