To Subs or not 2 Subs?

It seems there’s been a lot lof love for REL’s here, so I might be preaching to choir a bit, but adding a REL T9X to my system finally made it work the way I wanted it to.

I have full range speakers (PMC Twenty2.23i) that (by specs) go down to 28Hz, but adding a REL sub to the system still added a lot, especially the smoothness at low end that PMC (in my opinion) ware lacking. I have my REL connected high level and crossover set all the way down to 40-30Hz. Makes a world of difference :ok_hand:

I have an cable running from each speaker, approx 30cm to the right or left high level dependant on which channel the sub is supporting. So basically speaker cable from SN3 to speaker and shorter speaker cable to the subs, from the speaker.

Subs are situated between each speaker and the SN3, so to the inside of the speakers and approx 50cm from the wall, slightly forward of the loudspeaker drivers.

I’m constrained by what my wife will tolerate but it sounds just right to my ears, given the shortcomings of my room.

1 Like

If it helps, I added a Rel T5x to my PMC 21.26s and loved it.
When i mention this it turns a few heads, but yes it works. Subtley set mind.

1 Like

This is the key. People tend to set volume and/or crossover too high. I ignore what the specs say and tune by ear.

2 Likes

Great to hear I’m not the only one who feels like even the bigger PMC towers need a sub on their side :grin:

That’s the direction I am leaning too… Two of the Rel T5x’s should round out the sound stage fingers crossed I found a dealer about 40 minutes away.

1 Like

I do fancy two, and my dealer would be happy ( again) to lend me one. But, im happy with my one discreetly sitting out of the way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.