Toolbox for daughter

Bearing in mind this is a toolkit for Life, not Uni, I concur with HH.

Throw this lot out, and get a Swiss Army knife, a magnet on a piece of string and this book.

2 Likes

She’s doing Engineering, not safe-cracking.

3 Likes

My old mum told me 40 or maybe more years ago that she asked the travelling library that used to park weekly at the end of our road whether they had that book and the somewhat bemused lady librarian said “We don’t get much call for motorcycle maintenance books here love.”

2 Likes

lots of tools are actually useful. I suggest 2 or 3 or more small plastic tool boxes are way easier to store and organize than one large metal one that is noisy and rust ready, a small claw hammer is more useful than a regular heavy large one, 3-in-One is more effective and useful than WD40 tape should be at least 30 ft, and throw in closet organizing shoe bags / curtain /window covering / poster hanging stuff if she doesnt have all this junk already. Also a poster of Julian Vereker?

a set of used toothbrushes is handy for cleaning those tough to reach places like doorsills and behind the roommates bed. A Voltimeter to find the best outlets, a decent 9 mm with extra magazines, plenty of bandages and tournakits and blood plasma. Dont forget a short wave radio and signal flares. Most kids forget to bring this stuff.

2 Likes

swiss army knives are good looking but practically useless. There are much better compact multi tools available that thieves highly recommend.

I don’t think his daughter is going to Oxford University to study Theivery though.

Thanks for the more helpful suggestions (and also for the amusing ones) above. Earlier in the week, I picked up the Screwfix order and supplemented it with a few other bits and bobs from here and there.

Here’s how it looks:

Oh, and one more thing in response to all the fun-sponges who said this was a daft idea, that it would never get used and/or that she’d hate the idea. This afternoon we were resurrecting/servicing her bike which has been in the garage for a bit too long and we used no fewer than seven items from the toolbox. She was very excited and has stuck several stickers on the toolbox already to make it her own.

Driving her up on Tuesday…

Mark

6 Likes

No: Cambridge to study Engineering. Oxford’s Department of Breaking and Entering isn’t as well respected as it was in my day.

2 Likes

I completed my Architecture Part III at Cambridge…Contracts and Planning Law…there was a very ‘mild nod’ to security, but breaking and entry were off the table.

Studying engineering yes? Just wait till she sees this:

My Finnish is a little rusty, unfortunately. Does he explain why he’s made a ten minute video of taking something out of a cardboard box and then removing some bubble wrap?

I’ve never quite understood the whole unboxing video thing, but this seems to have taken it to an even more inexplicable level.

Mark

Yes, the unboxing thing is rather pointless!

Wera make a fantastic tool kit though.

1 Like

100’ roll of scotch tape
large eraser
small eraser
whisk broom
large broom
small towel
large dustpan
Dust Buster
D batteries
Protractors
Dark Brown Shoe Laces
Combs
Nail file
Tweezers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.