Totally confused Qobuz and Naim?

Anyone can give me a list of Naim streaming devices that support Qobuz on board please?

Details are here:

1 Like

Anything with a /2 after its name?

Other than the Atom, Star, Nova or ND555 of course.

1 Like

There’s a gap in the Naim path to Nirvana for me. I have multiroom streaming. I have a half decent dac. I have a pre and power amp. I don’t need any of these to be duplicated in a new box to egt what I now want.
What I now want is 24/192 digital streaming with room to room synching, spdif output and the ability to stream from Qobuz.
I may need or just want the ability to add other streaming services in the future, so that would be a nice additional feature, but I’d settle for current needs if I could find the ‘one’ box to bind them.
I will have to look outside of the Naim range.

I understand what you say. However I think personally that the 252/300 deserve more than a Qutest dac. If you had a better dac, like Hugo TT, Dave, Mytek…, you would need only a streaming bridge, like Auralic, DCS network bridge, Lumin transport…
Why not sell the squeeze box, Qutest , and buy an Ndx2?

Qutest? Had one with my nd5xs2. Although I home trialled it, i still bought it. It was once I heard a friends ndx2 and xpsdr that I felt cheated. And whilst other rave about it ( I did) it was too clinical and just not musical for me.
And yes, my ndx2 and xpsdr should sound better given the monies involved.

1 Like

Yes, cost is an issue. I am currently leaning towards keeping the qt, selling the unitiserve and getting an Aries G1. The unitiserve is a good piece of kit but it does nothing for me that can’t be replaced by the Aries.
That won’t give me the multiroom streaming but will give me qobuz, 24/192 and may provide a base for multiroom later ( and other improvements ).

1 Like

I honestly think you need to go back to the drawing board here. Suppose you walked into a dealer and said you wanted the best streaming system you can get for £25k. Do you think he would suggest a £3k source (G1/Qutest) and a £20k amp with £1600 speakers?
I’m not saying that price is the only indication of sound quality - life’s never that simple, but it can give you a pretty good indication, certainly within the Naim range. In a balanced Naim system, NDX2/XPSDR would be the minimum your amp deserves.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.