Townhsend podiums but not on speakers

As i have a pair at the moment on my fact 12’s and hopefully if all goes well a speaker change next week, well I have been thinking, would they be any good to use as a platform for say my turntable and or my dac?
Obviously i can try for myself once i get the other speakers etc, but as i sit here on my last few days of my holiday, i thought i would just ask the question and see if anyone has, as i know townhsend do a platform which would be similar i guess to this, plus it just so happens that my turntable would be in the right weight zone and also my dcs kit.

I have Townsend Pods under my TT, very effective (necessary). The TT is an Origin Live, it is possible that with other turntables the isolation impact may be different.

1 Like

I will certainly give it a go as my turntable doesn’t have any suspension, but it does have a special plinth

What are the new speakers going to be, then?

It will be an interesting experiment but as you have them already why not?
I liked what the bellows feet upgrade, which are similar to the podium’s feet but without adjustable damping, did to my Rock mk2.
I don’t use the Rock at the moment in favour of my solidly mounted, on Fraim Lite and chips, Artemis SA-1.

See my other thread " 808’s in bound".
So as you will probably know that means, kudos titan 808.

1 Like

Goodness, two misspellings of Townshend’s name, including the thread title.

I can’t imagine that Max would be impressed.

1 Like

I am France and its how they spell it here, wee, wee.
Lol

Just been looking a them and to be honest i can’t be asked to build a new top so that they will fit on top of the fraim, plus i think its gojng to look silly, so decided to scrap the idea and they will be going along with the fact 12’s in the deal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.