TQ DIN to DIN interconnects

Hi

A few years ago (on the old forum) there were a number of people using Tellurium Q cables.
Speaker cables and interconnects. Lots of people seemed to give these a go.
Am I right thinking that most of you have moved on from these?

I have a question for those who bought the TQ DIN Black Diamond Interconnects.

1. Are you still using it?

2. If not, what did you replace it with and why?

Thanks

1GiantLeap

A friend moved from TQB speakerwire to WH Phantom, when longer lenght needed.
more open sound on 202/82/Hicap.
The TQB DIN interconnect stayed

1 Like

I still have my TQ Ultra Black interconnects and speaker cables and continue to be very happy with them.

I have no desire to experiment with other cables and expect the TQs to remain in my system for a long time to come. Having auditioned both Black and Ultra-Black cables and appreciated the uplift that the Ultra-Black brings, I am sure that the Diamonds would be very good indeed. However, they are awfully expensive! I’ll stick with my Ultra-Blacks.

Caveat: I am using my TQ Ultra-Blacks in a non-Naim system.

1 Like

No-one else using TQ anymore?
I got the impression half the old forum has migrated to using these.

I’m using TQ Ultra Black II speaker cables & jumper leads with SL interconnect & DIN-XLRs. They work well together in my system (I haven’t heard TQ interconnects).

I tried ‘full loom’ with SL speaker cables and was very disappointed. SL sounded dull & flat compared to TQ Ultra Black II.

1 Like

I have a TQ Black Diamond din to din interconnect as well as a Superlumina rca to din. The TQ Black Diamond is a perfectly good cable with what I would say are typical positive Naim attributes; engagement; overall musical cohesion and flow. To my ears and within the context of my equipment the SL interconnect provides all that and more. The complexity of the music; that is to say individual layers of music and instruments are exposed which increases my listening pleasure.

1 Like

TQ Black II speaker cables here, with same as jumpers.
I/Cs are pretty much Naim throughout.

2 Likes

Yep, TQ Black II speaker cables for me, Chord Shawline elsewhere.

1 Like

I’m still using TQ black (the original) between an SN2 and PMC 20.25s. I don’t see why I should change : anything significantly better is at least £300/400 per metre.

2 Likes

It’s interesting how much opinion differs about interconnects on here.
Some preferring the Lavender to HiLine or even SuperLumina (seriously!?)
Others perfering brands from other companies.

Anyone have experience of the Witch Hat Morgana Source DIN and how these compare to the above and TQ Black DIN and TQ Black Diamond DIN?

Thanks

1 Like

I have personally had a home demo of the complete range of TQ speaker cables…

They are exceptionally good cables…

As with all things hi-fi … it’s very much a question of personal taste and system synergy…

The good news is most cable companies allow 30 day returns… so best to try at home and go for whatever you think sounds the best…

1 Like

I haven’t used TQ cables. Use HiLine IC and maybe moving up to a SL interconnect don’t know how people can go back in my opinion!

2 Likes

On the suggestion of a NAIM dealer, I changed from a Lavender interconnect to TQ Black DIN as I couldn’t get on with a HiLine.
I like the TQ Black for it’s flow, cohesion and just a sense of everything being in balance.

2 Likes

I’ve recently started using the TQB din-din between NDX2 & 282 HCDR and it’s wonderful. I posted elsewhere it has all of the virtues and none of the vices of the HiLine with these components.

Really digs into the musical groove.

G

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.