Track details for BBC radio

Generally loving the sounds my Naim gear is making, however can I ask that track details/ programme information be displayed in the app?
This is so useful to me when I hear something new that I want to search for later.

Other lesser broadcasters do this, so it must be possible for 2 great organisations such as Naim and the BBC to offer this(?)

Thanks and keep up the excellent work people.
Stay safe!

1 Like

I assume you mean what you see on the now playing screen with iRadio.
BBC don’t send this detail with the broadcast, nowt to do with Naim & I agree its annoying.
The only way to check whats playing, including that you can see what was playing, is to look at the BBC programs www each of the stations has a playlist

Well if I listen to digital radio in my car it tells me the track and artist almost all the time, so why can’t Naim pick this data up as well?
If I stream via bbc sounds to my atom it will, but does drop out. I’d rather listen directly via the atom ( which I do- hoping DJ says who’s just been played)
So please can this be sorted?

I assume you are listening to DAB in your car, but probably iradio on your Naim unit. As Mike says, the information is not embedded in the bitstream with iradio. Naim can’t display what isn’t there!

Best

David

Ok I understand now, I assumed they were one and the same source?
So the don’t send artist and track data via internet radio but do via bbc sounds and DAB?

The source is the same of course, but the transport mechanisms are different. If you were going on holiday on a motor bike, you would take less with you than if you were going on holiday in a car…

Also with the Sounds app, the now-playing data won’t be streamed. It will be sent to the app as needed.

Best

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.