Transformer Hum, how to reduce this

I certainly don’t doubt you, and it may be because your supply isn’t that bad. Someone on this Forum did say that theirs did Hum. I believe Airlink used to have a good returns policy if you aren’t pleased with the results, so certainly worth considering. I did call them when I was looking into this, and they used to supply model that will reduce the voltage which might have been useful for my overvoltage problem.

Which model are you using please. I have a separate consumer unit, earth spike and three separate ring mains and still get a hum in my power amp :rofl:

You can connect to 3 different input voltage supply coils on mine.
This helps the transformer, as said mine doesn’t hum, but even if it did it wouldn’t really matter as it’s not in my hifi room, or in any room.
My mains, consumer unit’s are under my stairs, in a cupboard.

For more info take a look at my thread i started a few months ago.

@Dunc thank you

Airlink distrbute their products worldwide. They sell a selection of products with UK, Euro, US and other sockets.

I think hum frequently comes from “bad” electricity.
Try to test your ground voltage, polarity also your cabling quality.
hopefully its help

Yup. I got my electricity replaced ( that central box for which I don’t know the English name ) and somehow it’s all much more silent.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.