Transport only streamer

I have a 555 power supply with mine. You could probably buy a bus, not just a mere car.

1 Like

but would you be able to drive it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Either the AURALiC Aries Mini or Bluesound Node (v3) feeding a Chord Qutest via Toslink (didn’t try other interconnects but no reason to believe the outcome would have been different).

1 Like

Thank you. So if I add qutest to my nd5xs2 it may be a nice upgrade. Either this or power supply for xs3 is my plan.

I would hope so. I did not try that option as that was too expensive for me (temptation is a terrible thing).

Audition if you can. It really depends on what you are looking for. I was not impressed with the Chord gear.

I auditioned the Qutest. Could totally see the attraction to Naim owners but I’ve reached the point where I wanted a more relaxed and less forward presentation. The Hugo TT2 was where I landed in the end.

Or used nDAC if available where you are.

Roger

2 Likes

I went down the Chord DAC route as an upgrade to my Naim streamer and I’m very happy with the results, but there are many different DACs out there that would work, and not much consensus about which ones sound good. As always, you need to do the demo for yourself.

we have The Internet here in Poland :wink: so buying stuff abroad is also possible. But I do not want to have more big black boxes - small chord dac would be less intrusive

1 Like

The Denafrips Ares II is small and getting great reviews. Might be worth considering.

2 Likes

Yes, but a nDAC is a perfect visual and size match for your amp and ND5XS2 and you said you were considering adding a PS anyway. You’d a have good-looking stack unlike adding the visually conflicting qutest.

Roger

1 Like

And could be hidden away…… (the Qutest)

If ya got an nDAC, flaunt it!

4 Likes

n-lot. Another way to think of this is that DAC’s are simply from time to time acquiring new input options. Used to just be Coax, then optical was added and then later USB, then USB Asynch etc (forgive me if these are not in correct order but you get the point). Most recently DACS (Naim for example) have added ethernet inputs and then also WIFI inputs. Really is still just a DAC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.