Trying to get going with a ND5 XS 2

I think music sounds best over the network as opposed to the USB connection on the rear.

It does. A nas maybe my next port of call.:+1:t4:

Is the DIN cable supplied with ND5 XS2 any good? I’m due to collect my XS3 tomorrow and wondered if this would be good to use?

Yes of course it is, that’s why Naim supply it with the ND5 XS 2. Wow! your’e in for some great fun!

Enjoy :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Oops, late to the party, but once I forgot to plug in the ethernet cable. I usually unplug it during thunderstorms. So I was listening on Wifi. Sounded just the same. Just as great. So no difference in sound quality. However Wifi can disconnect occasionally, so a little flaky.

2 Likes

If one upgraded to some Vodka WiFi then the party will just go on & on, it wouldn’t matter if you were late. Maybe wear some blue jeans too…

1 Like

Can’t wait! I’d love an SN3 but a little beyond me and worried if I did, it wouldn’t stop.:smiley:

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about that at all, just enjoy your new amplifier/system. I too run a ND5 XS 2 but with the now discontinued XS2 amplifier and it’s just so much fun. If you can stretch to it and your dealer are passionate at what they do, then I will highly recommend you have some NAC A5 speaker cables made up for your XS3 with the correct plugs to match your speakers. That will be well worth doing if you have not done so already. Happy Listening :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lol. Can I wear my favorite hoodie?

Such a tease! My dealer apparently dropped my XS3 round and I’m stuck at work.:frowning:
Wish the day could speed up a little!

2 Likes

So far the XS3 is bloody awesome and it’s not even warmed up yet. So much more control over my speakers.

5 Likes

That is a sensational system you have there, you really are in for a treat. Have yourself a wonderful weekend and please do keep us posted on how things progress. Happy Listening! :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you and will do!:blush::notes:

1 Like

Hi Stephen have been following this thread. Recently purchased an Audioquest Cinnamon Ethernet cable. Running direct from my Router to my NDX2. Have been reading about the improvements a Cisco switch can create, is this necessary if I’m only using one Ethernet to the NDX2? As in I have no other source (NAS). I only use streaming and vinyl. Was very sceptical about Ethernet, but the audioquest Ethernet from the router to the NDX2 really surprised me. So if the switch takes it on even more am very interested. Thanks in advance. Or anyone else who knows.

Yes Mon, Stephen will confirm, the switch should very probably uplift the sound. Most routers are commercial crap and are noisy. Even a simple dedicated switch like a netgear or tp link will be positive. The Cisco was even better for me and some here.

3 Likes

Andrea i see you have your naim boxes on stands on your tv unit? Do you find this helps? Also what are they made out of? Thanks

The two naim boxes are on the Quadrasphire stage. The hifi cabinet is detached from the TV wall.

Hey m2bfx… curious about your take on the hicap dr with SN2. I have an nd5 xs2 and sn2… and unfortunately I’m entertaining the idea of adding the hicap into my system, so would be very interested on your thoughts and impressions. Cheers!

1 Like

I didnt think it would make much difference, but I was wrong. The sound stage is bigger and more clearer, I spent hrs switching back and forwards, playing my best tracks and the change is fantastic. It was a preferred choice by all Naim Dealers I contacted, and they were correct. If you can have a demo at home then I would.

2 Likes

I have to agree with m2bfx. Adding the Hicap made all the differences highlighted above and for my self better control of the bass. Some people prefer the SN2 bare, but for me personally adding the Hicap made quite a big improvement. Home demo if you can which is what I did for 2 weeks. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

4 Likes