Trying to pick an interconnect for a non Naim source to Naim SN2

Richard

Any website that sells these?

I see on eBay for about GBP15 but an not sure if they are original

Regards

If buying new you would need to contact a Naim dealer. They do turn up secondhand though. Also late Chord Chrysalis (look for the later Chord RCA Phono plugs) is often available secondhand for under £50.

£15 sound very cheap though. If they’re Naim then it will say so on the tails with the direction marker.

2 Likes

I’d say your best upgrade would be to convert your PS Audio PW Dac to a Direct Stream. Since PSA announced, a few days ago that they are going to go factory direct, there are some real deals out there.

As for interconnect I like and use the Audience cables. I use Audience Front Row USB > Audience AU24 SX interconnect > Audience AU24 SX Speaker Cable…

I have the Cyrus Stream Xa hooked to SN2 using AQ Water (RCA to RCA), and it is an exceptional cable in value for money relation: full, transparent and musical, but without coloration and basically neutral. The problem is it exposes any cracks in the chain, in my case the low, sometimes slightly blurry and lacking in precision, of the Cyrus.

AQ Yukon is also a very good choice, but it plays in a lower league than Water and the entire AQ Elements series.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Analogmusic,…I can only agree with you…

• Vertere DF-I is far above its price-level in soundquality.
I have a Vertere DF-I usb-A to usb-B (see picture below),.and it is very good.

I haven’t compared,.but a friend of mine has,and he says this Vertere DF-I is almost as good as the Audioquest Diamond USB-cable.
And it costs at least three times more.

/Peder🙂

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.