Tube Phone Preamp for Mu-So.. is it worth it?

I listened to this little system at the Bristol show. Really enjoyable, and for just under £1k it’s great value too.

1 Like

That Project tube box costs £325, about as much as the whole turntable. I’m not sure that really makes sense. I have a Rega Planar 1 Plus with the performance pack, which brings the price to £429. It sounds really good played through the HiFi. These cheap decks with built in phono stage can perform very well indeed.

On a different tangent, and echoing what James wrote above, I swapped from a muso Qb in the study to a UnitiQute2 with a pair of Neat Iotas. The latter is just so much better than the Qb which, while good, isn’t really proper hifi, simply a wireless speaker. Qute2s can be found pretty cheaply, as can the Iota. Then you could try the Project into the QB’s phono inputs and I suspect it would sound pretty good.

1 Like

It’s a great idea, especially as it’s virtually plug and play and a great introduction to quality vinyl playback at a sensible price. The little io amp looks rather interesting too…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.