Two PSUs. Unplug and wait 10 mins

Whether it’s worth paying the extra for the NDX2 depends on the other components (amplifier, loudspeakers).

I think analogue and the best digital are of course different but both excellent in their own way, like* a top single malt whisky and an excellent cognac. Neither is absolutely better. They are both worth bothering with…

(*non-alcoholic analogies are also available!)

I have 282/HCDR/250DR + Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum and a pair of REL R-328. I think it can resolve just about any detail a source wants to throw out at it. An NDX2 would not be wasted on it.

Well in that case having heard both of them in a top Naim system, I wouldn’t hesitate to say the NDX2 is worth the extra money (as is the power supply upgrade that you could do later if you choose the NDX2).

1 Like

I suspect if I want digital on par with my analog front end that will require no less than a NDX2 + XPS-DR.

Of course the bad news is that the ND555, which I also heard at the same time, is truly the way to go if you can afford it (which I can’t). And even the NDX2 benefits from a 555PS DR over an XPS DR.

That’s not going to happen. Even a XPS-DR is doubtful.

Never say never! Have a good weekend anyway!

1 Like

Josquin ( Nice name btw, not everyone know who he was!!!).
If you are ready to listen to the new streamers, prepare to send yours for repair… because you will make the jump for sure…

I have visited some dealers this week and every one is impressed of the new streamers, including the ND5XS2.

We have a 5 years warranty so your unit probably qualifies

Yeah, the real Josquin was the best of his time. :slight_smile:

I think my ND5-XS is older than 5 years. More like 6-7 I think.

I see,
Your dealer will not get any estimate of charges from us without us having the unit on hand.

They did advise that is most likely.

If you see something come in from Dean W. at Music for Pleasure, that’s me.

My dealer is getting me a different link plug to try. If that doesn’t work I will send it in for service. Once that’s sorted out I’ll ask them to get a ND5-XS2 I can audition.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for the new link plug working!

Best
David

1 Like

The replacement link plug did not solve the problem. :frowning: I have it packed up to drop off at the dealer tomorrow for repair.

Just when I got Roon and Qobuz working.

I connected my SqueezeBox Touch to an old Arcam rDAC I have been using in an office system. It sure doesn’t hold a candle to the ND5-XS. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.