Two thoughts about Atom with B&W 703s2

Welcome @Bram, I have the same setup as you but I added a SVS sub to supplement the lower registers and right now I couldn’t be happier.

The only thing I will be looking at next is dedicated mains. IMO having a fancy power cord is wasteful if one has not at least investigated the quality of power on the other side of the wall plug. ymmv…

1 Like

I am also very happy with this set. I don’t think there are many who have come to the same setup, at least I haven’t been able to find anything on the internet about this combination. For me, and my girlfriend, this was the best sound in our price range. I know a sub could be an addition, but for now I don’t miss any extra bass. Apart from the fact that the current interior doesn’t really have the space for an extra loudspeaker.

1 Like

There you go, you need to upgrade your house first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, not much bass effect then… I guess I have to think of a way out of a tight corner…
Below is as far from the corner as the missus allows. The angling out into the room took some convincing too. Don’t be fooled by the TV cabinet btw. It’s not solid but hollow. The 1 inch slab of ‘garden center grade’ rubber tile helped to get the worst blooming off, but listening to Jamiroquai’s Supersonic is still not the best of experiences… Happy to get tips from any Qb1 owners finding themselves stuck in a similar corner. (Apart from the 900 EUR way out by buying the Qb2)

I have found that most of JK’s output has plenty of bass boom. A Qb2 doesn’t make the resonance from Jamiroquai tracks any better. It thumps and bumps around the room like a badly driven lorry. I think it was mixed for 1000 watt JBL disco speakers.

2 Likes

LOL. Well put.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.