UK HIFi Show Live - 10/11th September 2022

The return of the show at Ascot race course is almost upon us, and I see that Naim are listed as one of the demonstrators due to attend.
I wonder what delights Naim are planning to tempt us with? I would love to hear the Solstice, maybe with the Statement amps?
As we don’t have Claire here anymore, can you enlighten us any further @Richard.Dane (not that you are a 2nd choice you understand)?
Any forum members planning to visit?

1 Like

I don’t know Swanny. I’m sure the UK sales team will have some things of interest to show though - Solstice would be great!

1 Like

At the 2019 show Naim had one of the smaller demo rooms I believe, so I hope they have a larger space this year to allow them to “spread their wings” so to speak.
Elsewhere in the show I hope the ‘independent’ demonstrations continue from the likes of Michael Freymer and Matthias Boede, which were eye (ear?) opening. Also looking forward to raiding the vinyl outlets again.
The show organisers have apparently arranged for more food and drink facilities at the forthcoming show, which at least addresses my biggest criticism of the 2019 show. :grin:

Hi yes I’ve got a ticket for the Saturday

1 Like

After all the speculation on what Naim would demo at the Munich High End show, I think tempering expectations is the order of the day (if they demo a 272 replacement I shall eat my turntable mat!)

I’m not planning to attend, but as an adherent of the brand I do hope they put on a good demonstration of their contemporary line up.

1 Like

As it is at a horse racing venue, it has to be the Statement which puts out a similar amount of power to the average gee gee.
I also would be an extremely happy Naim purchaser if the 272 replacement was announced.

1 Like

Oi!! @JonathanG
I was here first! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As I posted in the Epos thread, I’m particularly looking forward to hearing Fink’s new Epos ES14n speakers in the Kog Audio room. They’re in an entirely different price bracket to their predecessors. Will they have the performance to match, and maybe more importantly, will they have the synergy with Naim amps the originals had? As they’re unlikely to be demonstrated with Naim amps, that’s going to have to be a judgement call at this stage I think.

1 Like

So with the Ascot show just over a week away who is going and I wonder what Naim have in store for us?

I will be going on both days - there’s simply too much to see and hear to do it all in a day!

I have to admit I have adored hi-fi shows since the first one I attended around 1984 when I was just 15. That was organised by P&A Audio of Crosby and I recall having my mind blown by the Mission CD player and Celestion SL600’s playing the CD of Phil Collins “No Jacket required”. I love hearing all the different gear, discovering new music, meeting fellow audiophiles and company staff and attending some of the talks by industry luminaries. One of the most difficult things about being into hi-fi is that it is so often pursued in isolation and I find it a buzz to rub shoulders with thousands of people just as passionate about music in the home as me. There’s something appealingly tribal about it!!

So who else is going? What are you keen to hear? I do know SME will be there in force with the new Model 60 reference turntable and having just lived with it for two months it is well worth hearing…

I’m also hoping somebody will be able to demonstrate Dolby Atmos properly although I suspect an overhead speaker array will be difficult in the context of a show. I spent a day at PMC’s London mixing studio recently and the experience was utterly incredible. It’s certainly made me dream of installing more loudspeakers in the listening room somehow and for music more than movies! We listened to the Atmos master for the Beatles “Something” and it literally moved me to tears. Instrumental separation and imaging was off the scale, but the gorgeous reproduction of height shook me to the core. It was slightly reminiscent of when you hear the voices of a choir in a cathedral soaring into the dome above and it added hugely to the majesty of the track. They did the same thing on Elton John’s “Rocketman” Atmos mix with a subtle keyboard sound suddenly rising up and then arcing over your head and disappearing behind you. Surround music has never really grabbed me before (except on live concert blu-rays) but this was a whole new experience and on a totally different level - not gimmicky, just all-encompassing…

While I am there on behalf of Soundstage, I’d be there anyway just for the sheer love of it all - maybe I’m just weird!!

Jonathan

2 Likes

Unfortunately can’t make but looks like a good show.

Going Saturday, only £ 11.37 in for HiFi Choice subscribers. It’s a day out but having spent serious money upgrading this year it’ll be good to visit the NAIM and if they are there the NEAT stand. My retailer will be there glad handing it, other than that as much free stuff as can get and possibly a few pints with an old Ascot-based friend afterwards

1 Like

Going on Saturday and really looking forward to it.
Last show I went to was in Bristol many years ago

I won’t be going but I do hope Naim releases some new kit, especially the 272 replacement. I am not holding my breath though as I think they are more likely to announce more special/limited edition products and new products will arrive next year.

Pretty much what Signals said when the cancelled the Audio show east for October. Vendors were telling them next year would be better for them as they would be launching new product. Audio show east is now scheduled for April 28/29 th next year.

1 Like

Threads merged…

2 Likes

See you there, Gazza!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Richard.
I hope JonathanG realised my post was in jest!

2 Likes

You may be in trouble, he writes articles.

Are you going too, Lindsay? If so, let’s try and coordinate dates/times nearer the show so we can meet up.

1 Like