Unable to unscrew transit bolts

Yes, that should be ok.

1 Like

So long as the bolts are in and done up properly then I can’t see any problem there. Would it be in a box in the suitcase?

1 Like

My 552 came back from the factory (the weeks ago) with tape over the transit bolts. Additionally I had to use a pair of pliers to “start” them for removal.

Willy.

1 Like

Without the box, in the suitcase, but with some cover on it and polystyrene.
I imagine that like that.

FR - without a dedicated box, servicing et al can be very tricky and the boxing isn’t cheap.

I’d get a bigger suitcase and pay the luggage allowance costs :slight_smile:

,and where would you stand on Customs Duties post the unmentionable B-word??

2 Likes

If Naim are fastening them this tight then they should provide a tool to help undo them safely.

1 Like

Yes, I feel you are right. The box is necessary. As for custom duties, I will inform myself when necessary. Probably the dealer will tell me the steps to follow.

1 Like

FYI, I know that many years ago, people from across the Channel would come to the UK and buy pre-loved kit. Post the B-word, many dealers will no longer ship in to mainland Europe, I assume due to the complications of the B-word (VAT etc) and the need for certifications.

You need to check out with your local Customs people not the UK-based dealer, which I’m sure you will do per your words.

1 Like

You can stuff the box with paper and mail it empty for a peanut :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had the same idea some couple of hours. However they can crash the box….

That’s why I thought stuff it with paper :slight_smile: Usually (!) they don’t crush it it with a Naim unit inside, either

1 Like

I have visions of naim using a Pneumatic drill to do them up :slight_smile: Seriously though if they have to be that tight why not just use standard bolts?

1 Like

When I sent my 552 off to AV Options a couple of years ago, Chris West sent a detailed packing guide, with great emphasis on the correct way to do up the transit bolts, even including strips of black tape!

1 Like

Any update @drlaj ?

1 Like

Still busy, I assume :crazy_face:

1 Like

@frenchrooster just drive over using the tunnel and bring it back in your car/hire car. Its a dead easy drive unless you end up going to a dealer in the middle of nowhere. Will take longer but you will have the 555 with you at all times.

A couple of years ago I drove from my house in England nearest city Peterborough/Leicester to the ardennes and one of my kids was sick so I turned round and drove straight back. Big drive for sure but I did it all in one day!

1 Like

Gonna try again this weekend with a burly friend.

Also found myself looking at dcs Rossini.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.