Unexplainable leap into out of this world bliss

I’ve had some recent tinkering related bliss. I replaced a very worn Superline Snaxo burndy with a new burndy, and have upped my rack game by installing isolation under almost all of my gear (except the 552 PS and XPS DR… will add isolation there soon). The difference is significant.

1 Like

@Charlie, isn’t it typical, a free tweak to your snaxo seems to have had the biggest impact.

But think of it this way, if you hadn’t invested in the S1, refurb’d the DBLs and upgraded your LP12, no amount of freebie tweaking would have brought it all together. Naim active systems are of course particularly fussy about set up. Attention to detail will always pay off in the end, but it often feels like a detective story.

Glad to hear you are now getting the very best out of your wonderful system.

2 Likes

@NigelB
…feels like a detective story… It really is, sums it up very nicely. Yet, the reward is nothing short of spectacular, besides I really got to know the ins and outs of my rig now.

1 Like

Interesting you found some improvement by replacing the Snaxo burndy too. Reminds me of my initial issue I had with my Snaxo. After sending it back to naim together with the SCDR because of a weak and blurry bass just to be informed that the units are flawless, I received them back with a replacement burndy and the bass was back full and clear. Meanwhile I have exchanged it with one of those ineffables.

My burndy was in very bad shape. I’m not sure the provenance of the cable as I received it when I bought my Superline… it had a grey rubbery sheath (not the standard black) and the sheath had separated from the business ends of the burndy… the cables within were a little exposed… I’d been wanting to replace it for awhile… took some time to get around to it.

Every so often I am wondering by how much those rather rare truly magical moments are determined by our own subjective states of mind or by objective parameters that come from the system and the musicians performance. Any thoughts?

1 Like

A combination of both I suspect with a big emphasis on the cognitive however the recent fw upgrade on my NDX2 did make a huge difference for the better on my system and it actually ironed out some of the misgivings I previously had

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.