Unhappy with the new NAIM update

Following the update, my “Favourites” list of radio stations now appear with a circled exclamation mark and will not connect.

Disappointed, to say the least.

1 Like

You have to find them again; I expect these are all linked through vtuner. Naim have stopped using vtuner and now run their own service.

HH summarises well here:

7 Likes

Ah. Cheers.

In that case, good to hear. No more BBC dropouts.

Well done NAIM.

3 Likes

Well, you’ll eventually have to re-add the favorites to swap from vTuner to the new Naim service.
It should still play the old favorites for the time being. No idea, why it doesn’t for you.

Think it does play but the OP was alerted by the warning icons. Which, FWF, is obviously well chosen and does the job.

I was wondering too about the warning icon as those stations were playing for me. Guess I need to re-add them soon.

1 Like

Naim hasn’t announced yet, when support for vTuner will be removed.
But I would expect a transition period more measured in months, than in days.

1 Like

However striking the iron while it is hot is probably the best advice. The Radio thread is pretty active now with Steve adding any stations that was forgotten or not seen.

2 Likes

I really really LOVE the new update! I’ve always been a fan of Internet Radio, but it’s always been hit or miss for stations and usability. Not anymore. This update has me considering buying a Muso so I can listen to Internet radio in multiple locations around my house

3 Likes

I have a MU-SO Gen 2 which I use almost exclusively for streaming music from Apple Music. However, when I do listen to internet radio I’m amazed at the clarity of the vast majority of the stations. I’m not sure, but they sound better than they did just a few years ago.

3 Likes

Awesome to hear thanks! I just love the variety and the SQ never fails to impress me. So many hidef streams to now sample.

Do you Airplay the Apple Music?

Yes AirPlay and Bluetooth for my AirPods 2 Pro.

1 Like

How are those new Airpods?

They are excellent in every respect. They are superior to the new AirPod 4. Mine are a year old. Sometime this Fall they will be upgrading the AirPod 2 Pro (via software upgrade) to enable them to be hearing aids.

2 Likes

I tried them against the AirPods 4 and I picked the 4’s but just because I didn’t like having the tips in my ears and couldn’t get them to fit right. The 4s fit better for me and since I got them mostly for listening during trips out they don’t need to sound amazing.

1 Like

If you go to each station in turn and remove then re-add to presets, the ! symbol disappears - does that mean it’s now through the new Naim service though?

Yes, if you search for radio stations now it searches the Naim index.

I can’t find half the stations I have saved to add again because the genres have been cut down.

1 Like

Hi StickVic,

Give us a list of the stations (so specify the names of the stations and ideally country) you can’t find and hopefully we can help you locate them in the new system. If missing, we’ll add them.

Best

Steve

PS. There is a dedicated sticky Internet radio thread in this forum.

2 Likes