Which one ? I am curious.

The scheme sent by @trickydickie and the config

FR wanted to know which other solution Mr Gillis recommended :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is it, my second post

1 Like

Ah, the timeline wasn’t clear. Got it, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to say that I followed the advice from @ChrisSU and @trickydickie a couple of years ago. I have a NDS and 4 Unitiqutes with Roon feeding them all. I have an Audiostore server with a Roon bridge set up to feed the NDS and a RPi running RooUNdP serving the Unitiqutes.

I’ve just updated the RPi with the latest RooUNdP software from Dr CWO, and I would say it used more than the NDS. I can’t recommend this solution enough.

1 Like

RPI ? What it is?

As a slight aside, can you run an analogue output from a NDX into a Uniti2 (using it as an integrated amp, bypassing the streamer), and would that be an improvement?

Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

Yes, it would work fine, and it should be an improvement. I ran my NDX into a Superuniti as a temporary measure and it certainly sounded better.

1 Like

Ifi Zen stream is another option,I use one,and quite happy with it. Mine is connected to an external Dac, but is a Roon endpoint.
I see no reason why it would not work like the Sonore bridges. It also has Usb and Rca outs for direct connections.

Yes, there are other solutions, not aware of IFI Zen. is Roon ready ? Is it called IFI Zen Stream? This solution is similar to Optical Rendu & Ultra Rendu.which is more expensive, the solution described by @trickydickie and @ChrisSU is to use a bridge and use Naim Legacy as Streamer. It is more affordable because you only add a bridge in your Network and use your Legacy system with no other add on such a DAC/ Streamer.

When I purchased the Uniti in 2011, the streaming was through a network disk/ radio but I used more for CDs and Ipod until I acquired a NAS in 2014 then Roon changed the game.
Uniti 1 is a very nice system and the residual value is so low that I don’t have any motivation to sell.

My other system has a Lumin A1 Streamer/DAC and is Roon tested.

Yes it is Roon ready,and is considered a streamer/bridge. I was using a Laptop as my Tidal streamer before adding the Zen stream via Usb to my Dac. The uplift in sound was big,now I only have the Roon core on the Laptop. I access Tidal,my local music and internet radio through Roon with my iPAd.
The Zen is a streamer and Roon bridge.

Thanks!

The iFi isn’t a UPnP bridge as such. It doesn’t put the Roon stream into the Naim streamer, it replaces the Naim streamer completely and bypasses it via SPDIF input. Would still give access to Roon though.

1 Like

RPi = Raspberry Pi modular computer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.