Uniti Atom Headphone Edition Balanced Input

Yep, you get what you pay for is very accurate in this case!

Yeah looks like it’s all skewed to me also, from that pic at least. I’d echo calls to use a known good connector first, before assuming a fault with the unit (or causing one by forcing things).

Well this is weird, when I connected to the rear balanced and I got no sound, so I thought I damaged my unit …but when I plugged a jack in the front I get sound out of the rear balanced.

The XLR that wouldn’t fit into the rear easily connects to my 4.4mm to XLR adaptor!

Why does having a jack in the front make the rear balanced work - do your headphones work out of the rear without anything plugged in the front?

What is going on here, I am cursed.

This may help

1 Like

It’s a button it is, an actual button, sorry I still have the plastic film on my unit, I thought it was a design feature like the light at the bottom.

Thanks for all the help, all this fuss because an XLR wouldn’t fit in the unit.

1 Like

We’re all here for the same thing so i’m sure most people are happy to help a fellow enthusiast through a few operational hiccups. Hope you get the XLR plug sorted :+1:

4 Likes

I was trying to tell you in my post about the button. If use the front sockets, they automatically select headphone out and switch to preamp when disconnected. The XLR in the back does not have this feature. So like most of us, you end up wondering why you have no sound until you figure it out.

When I got my new Caldera, I decided to just get the 4.4mm cable to avoid this and plus it looks nicer. And with the XLR can end up losing about a foot in length having to wrap the cable around to the front. I do see it as a compromise but at least this unit has balanced out. The new 222 with same headphone amp, did away with balanced headphone out altogether. Even though on the HE, it’s not true balanced, it does help with soundstage separation.

1 Like

Must be the aesthetic, putting every socket on the front might look messy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.