Uniti Core - Is there a better App then the Naim one?

It’s been a while since I’ve used BubbleUPnP, and I’m not sure if you can do it with that. It works using the regular Naim app control. It doesn’t matter which server you use, as long as you can set it to give you a track view that you can see in the Naim app, which I’m pretty sure most can.

Oh ok, I think I understand now, I’ll give it a try when I get home.

Ok, I went to all tracks under the upnp and added it to its own playlist from the pop out menu. I see the playlist with my other QNAP playlist under upnp playlists in the app. But I can’t figure out how to access them with the remote/player.

You can use the app to select random play, but then use the remote/front panel display to navigate to the UPnP input, select the full track list, and start play.

Asset has a Jukebox track selection option that will select 500 random tracks from your entire collection. I assume it’s a different 500 tracks each time - that should keep anyone going for most parties!

You can do that from the Naim app. My workaround suggestion was to get around the 500 track limit.

I’ve just noticed that you want to do this with a long playlist rather than your entire library. My solution should still work, except that you will need to log into your server and create your playlists there. Most servers can do this, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Again, find this playlist in the UPnP input via the remote, and you can play the whole thing in random order.

The problem I’m having is I can’t find the playlist (the all tracks playlist I created) with the remote looking at the SU menu. I can navigate in and out of the Asset, Minim, and Bubble, servers in the menu but I only see the playlists I created in Minim for the FLAC radio streams. Do I need to create a .m3u file for the playlist so I can see it?

To add to Chris’s solution, you can select a Genre from the remote and then press Play/Shuffle to get a random selection of similarly themed tracks. That’s certainly less work than creating a playlist and might be adequate for background listening.

@Bru

Is there a better App then the Naim one?

IMHO - Yes, Daphile OS with a front end like Orange Squeeze.

Random mix - almost unlimited choice …

To be honest, I don’t use Asset, so I’m not sure how you would use it to create a playlist. Once you’ve done it, you should be able to see it listed alongside other options such as album, artist etc. in the UPnP input menu. Maybe another Asset user will know, or you could ask on their forum.
Adrian’s idea of selecting random play in a genre could be another option, but I’m not sure if it would select random tracks, or random albums.

Thanks, yeah there’s some other options in there and I’ve been experimenting with them. I was just hoping to find one where I can easily make a large playlist and shuffle it.

Ok, thanks, that’s what I thought just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing it somewhere. I’ll keep playing with it. It seems like I should be able to create an xml type file (or m3u) that is a playlist and put it in the multimedia folder of my QNAP and be in business but it’s probably not that easy.

Chris, I think if you press Play on a genre it selects all the albums tagged with the chosen genre in alphabetical order by album name and starts playing the first track of the first album. You can then use the Shuffle key to randomise the list.

Yes, I just couldn’t remember whether it would play random albums (as the music will be listed by album) or random tracks, as I’m not at home to try it.

So I can see the playlists here at the main menu.

I’m not sure where I should see the playlists on the unit but I only see the menu options that I see here in the app.

The playlists on the home page are only the ones you create on the Naim app. It’s in the UPnP input that you should see them.

It is pretty much that easy. I use Playlist Creator to make the playlists (m3u files). These will then need editing to make the entries compliant with the QNAP. You then need to tell Asset which folder the m3u files are in. There’s a good few old threads with these details in.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not sure I understand.

I’m under the impression I should be able to see the same playlists I created in the naim app and that appear on the app home page (upnp playlists) in the upnp input. Is that the case?

I expected to see a folder for playlists in the upnp menu (second image above) but there isn’t one and they don’t appear to be in any of the folders that appear.

I’ve navigated through the menu on the player and don’t see these playlists. However if I navigate through the upnp/minim menu (on the player and app) I see the playlists folder I created for the radio station FLAC streams I created.

I’ll have to look into this. Thanks.