Uniti Core Software Update?

Hi Everybody,

Anyone know when will have core software update in coming soon ?

Thanks,
marcobb0312

There is nothing imminent (beta) wise at the moment
Is there an issue you think needs addressing then?

One issue? There are several! Read my earlier post - is there are better App?

Metadata editing is the main functionality that we all want Salisbury to enable ASAP. :sunglasses:

Chag -

There is a current Core beta and Naim have already said publicly that they are soon to release a firmware update.

Best

David

What metadata editing are you waiting for?

Best

David

What David says! I have no issues with metadata editing …in fact that is one of (several) great features of the uniticore

I have some problems addressed on CORE.

1. Cannot remove album on app after rip by core
  2. Cannot display some album cover art after reboot core.
  3. Album cover art aspect ratio display not normal.

Regards,
marcobb0312

Hi David,

I contacted the naim support and they said will release the firmware soon but…cannot confirm schedule, don’t know need wait how long :sweat::disappointed::persevere::tired_face::weary:

Regards,
marcobb0312

Hi marcobb0312

I can’t help you with the release date I’m afraid because I don’t know it! But hopefully it won’t be too long.

Best

David

I find it very frustrating the amount of CD’s that I try to rip where the Core doesn’t find the metadata (sometimes even Disc 2 of a two disc set where the first disc was discovered perfectly) yet when I rip the same CD’s to iTunes via my Macbook Pro the track names/cover art etc are always found. Is it purely down to the databases that the Core searches for album information not being up to scratch?

It’s a bug that has been fixed by Naim and should be in the next Core firmware release…

Best

David

Thanks David, that’s good news.

Hi David,

Yes, I hope no need wait too long because many people waiting on it.

Regards,
marcobb0312

Hi Markah,

I think the itune and core are using the different database for the metadata, so the out come result are different.

I also hope naim can use the gracenote music database on their product, it is using on iTune right now.

Regards,
marcobb0312

1 Like

I’m inclined to agree, I’ve generally found Gracenote to be the best for accurate metadata lookups, and it has often returned correct results for me when my Unitiserve has got it wrong.

1 Like

Naim don’t use Gracenote. In the Core they use Rovi, MusicBrainz and Freedb in that order, so if they don’t find the metadata at the first, they move to the second and then the third if necessary.

Best

David

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.