Uniti Core unable to view music

I could relocate the core to the router and connect without output to see if things reappear…

but I have no way of connecting to hifi without powerlines

Chris is of course right, but as you can see the Core ok, just not the music, and it worked until last Monday, I don’t think it’s the powerlines. But trying with an ethernet cable temporarily is definitely a good thing to try.

Best

David

Yes I think if you are going through the pain (delay) of a restore from backup then starting from a clean formatted disc is a better thing to try.

This is a little similar to what happened to me. When I first got the Core, I installed a HDD inside it and did a test rip. When I checked Finder on my Mac, I could see the Core but I was unable to connect to it. There was a thread on this problem a short time ago.
Eventually I gave up on having an internal drive in the Core and set up folders on my NAS to act as the Store and the Downloads. So now I use the Core without an internal drive.
What I found was that on occasions when I had to restart the Core, after restarting I would not see any artists or albums on the App even though I can see all the files on my NAS. The longest time it took for the App to finally see and list all my music was 4 days. I was told that the “handshake” sometimes takes sometime to happen but in my case, it was 4 days and another time at 2 days.
That may be the issue here with your Core.

At least, as a test, you could put the Core next to your router and connect it with a patch cable.
By the way, are you using the Core with a streamer, and if so, is it a Naim streamer also controlled from the Naim app? Or do you use the SPDIF output?

Spdif to chord dac

I will relocate core upstairs next to router tomorrow to see if it “handshakes”

Thanks, I’ll update u on progress tomorrow :+1:

Very interesting. I will take that experience with me in my future beta testing of Core.

Best

David

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Relocated Core and connected directly to router, no change in music visibility. Ripped a cd that was already in library, which worked well and I could and did amend artwork and that cd shows alone in library. Did the rebuild music database again and as before it just removed the latest cd from view.
I guess the only thing left is restore from backup…

If you haven’t started a restore yet, I suggest that you should try another factory reset. It worries me that a newly ripped CD is lost when you re-index the music and that does suggest to me that something isn’t working right in the Core rather than the HDD, especially as you can see the music on a PC.

I have come across before someone having to do two or three factory resets to get functionality back to normal.

Best

David

I’ll give it another go
Cheers
Rob

If you do do a factory reset then you could instead of setting the internal disc as a store, try to set it as a share. If the music is there when it’s a share but not there when it’s a store then that is a clear Core defect.
Best

David

Not sure how to do that, skipped setting internal as store and went to configure music shares, share scanning did not show any results, share settings asked for workgroup/username/password but checking on pc looking at properties the core does not appear to form part of a workgroup.
so going back to store again if I view Store or Local drives from the app it gives me the option to do not use and advanced info is as before 3.3tb free of 4

this is 2nd factory reset I just tried rebuild database again and it didn’t ask for which drive/store so I am assuming that it thinks the local drive is a store even tho I haven’t reset it as such after factory reset. Is it worth clicking on do not use as a store and then reenabling?

I wonder whether the factory reset actually worked if it’s not asking you for the music store. I have seen occasional reports before that to get it to do a factory reset, the owner had to hold the button in not only until the USB light flashed, but until there was a mechanical noise from the CD drive initialising. You could try that.

Also the fact the Core can’t see the internal disc as a potential share must mean it is still there as a store…

Best

David

Just had another go, it asked for which disk this time and whether I wanted to delete music, there was the mechanical cd noise after usb flashing. still cannot view music on app. Renamed it while I was at it just in case it needed it… just going to try rebuild again…

Good luck!