Uniti Core with ND555

The Core is underrated. Sound quality is the best I’ve heard. I did a home demo with a Melco a few years back… was not even close. The Core sound was superior. Even the Melco dealer agreed (and dropped the line).

2 Likes

@TimOopNorth did you notice a decent difference when you moved from Core to the Melco you have now?

@ChrisBell do you remember which one you demoed? I had the original N10 and now the N10/2 SSD and the sound quality to my ears is very good. Not compared to a core though. I wonder how much difference the HHD makes in a Core? Melco hand pick what seems to be excessively expensive drives but a failure is not ideal either!

For some time I had the Melco working with a wireless connection to the main system, and the core wired in direct (with Ethernet cable). The Melco sounded better wireless than the core wired in.

But the Melco is so clunky to operate I am considering going back to a core - the clunkiness prevents me from listening to music. Whereas the core allows me to change album data very easily via the app, I have to buy a separate bit of software and use a computer to enable me to do the same on the melco (well at least I think I do - haven’t done it yet so not sure what it will let me do). When a few albums are wrongly named they end up in places I never see them so they never get listened to

Audition an Innuos as well as a Core….

Good idea though my dealer doesn’t stock them

Thanks everyone, have the Core on order and should get here next week. Excited to try it out!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.