Uniti Mk.1 cd player problem

Hello, when I removed the magnetic puck, the “platter”(?)came with it, revealing the drive spindle.
I examined it, and there seems to be a radial hairline crack, which I assume is responsible for the loss of mechanical grip?
Tempted as I am to use a minute drop of latex adhesive, or similar, I wondered if anyone can help before I try that, please? As it is, presumably, just a push fit onto the drive spindle, I hope a replacement platter would be available.
I haven’t contacted my dealer, as it were, and don’t really want to have to return it to Naim if possible.
A quick try seems to play ok.
Thanks, in advance.
Geoff.

Had the same thing happen to mine a few years ago. Naim sent part to dealer who fixed it.

Thanks, Graham, that’s good to know. I’ve had a call from my dealer ( do they ever rest?) and clarified the issue, and who will contact Naim, so should hear back in the next few days.
The Uniti’s getting on a bit, these sort of things are going to become more frequent, but I like what it is and what it does, being a one box solution.
Regards.

1 Like

Spoken to Naim, who recommend return to them, not as simple as it looks, they say.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.