Uniti Nova over heating in standby mode

I am in the process of restarting the unit setup from scratch I took the unit out of standby mode last night and removed the SD card. It seem fine this morning. I am going to go through the setup process again.
Thanks for your help

Temperature outside is of no relevance unless playing it in the garden. What’s the air temperature inside?

Unless you have some climatisation, of course the temperature outside has direct impact in temperature inside, in most homes.
But yes, some buildings, as houses made of stones, are cooler inside.

1 Like

Well I seem to be getting closer to a cause… the Nova only seems to be getting hot with the SD card plugged in. Passed this on to tech support.

1 Like

In the beta group recently, Naim confirmed that if an SD card or USB device is plugged in, this can exceed the power availability of the small switched mode power supply and so they switch the linear power supply on instead, so as to ensure that the SD card or USB device work properly.

So your Nova getting warm in standby mode if you have an SD card plugged in isn’t a bug or a fault and it’s working as designed.

Best

David

1 Like

Update on Uniti Nova
I have to thank the guys at Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto… after almost 4 weeks in the shop, thanks to COVID I have finally have my Uniti Nova back and it’s working purrrfectly. Turns out the streaming board needed to be replaced. Thank you to the NAIM service team who suggested I get the unit in ASAP while the unit was under warranty.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.