Uniti Star not recognising USB or server

As I said I use NASes, I was just curious what the issues you see are. Just in case you’re interested, I’ve just plugged a USB drive in to see what the Naim server offers, pretty basic but usable server. (Reminds me it’s about time to do a new back up to this drive and swap it with the offsite one.)

Slow indexing, painful interface. I dunno I just find it clunky. I’m not just involved with Naim’s products, but other brands, and generally USB causes trouble, so I tend to avoid.

Yes I have about 100 cd’s so usb is good solution, might get nas in future

Thank you Eoink, yes I see local storage under server, then when I click in I see the ripped music on usb

I have a USB drive with nearly 1000 albums on it. If I connect it to my Naim streamer, it works fine via the built in server, and I don’t see anything ‘clunky, slow or painful’ about it. You may find that using a NAS for storage, and running a UPnP server on that, is worthwhile for whatever reason in future. For example, you can run a more sophisticated server which may be more versatile when it comes to browsing a large collection of classical music, and if you add music from sources other than the Star CD ripper, it’s slightly more convenient.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.