Uniti Star (or Nova) operational features

Just note if using a separate DAC with the Atom / Star / Nova that they digitise the analogue inputs internally. Good USB to SPDIF adapters start approx £50 upwards.

1 Like

Yes that’s what I was thinking - coaxial into the Nova.

Worth bearing in mind about the re-digitisation and a USB to SPIF converter would certainly help with flexibility and future proofing. Are there any that you would recommend?

Information like this is very useful. I must admit I am erring more towards a Nova with some form of external CD player and I have a few options for this - we even have an ultra compact Sony Blu-ray player with coaxial output that could also do the job, thought it might be an inferior ‘transport’ compared with the Arcam.

I certainly don’t want to spend several thousands only to have reliability and usage problems. My wife wouldn’t be very impressed either!

This is exactly what I used with my Superuniti. Then I got a Unitiserve, and all my CDs are entirely new to me. I though bits are bits (so how can a rip be any different from a CD?), but the difference was day and night.

1 Like

I will certainly try a few different transports to see which option is the best.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.