UnitiCore - Is it Possible?

I wondered if anyone can help with the following…

Next week we are in Majorca, the hotel has free WiFi and I wondered if it is possible for us to access the music stored on my Core and play it back using the Naim app on my iPhone to either my wireless headphones and/or UE wireless speaker?

I hope this makes sense and hope I’m not in fantasy land and missing something rather obvious.

KR,

Mike

The Core does not output wirelessly only via Ethernet or Coaxial connection.

I’m really not sure what you want to do here. Are you taking your Core with you? If not the answer is no. If you are taking it with you then there are some things you could try.

Best

David

Hi David,

No not taking it with me.

It’s not a big deal, I will use Spotify and the tunes I already have on my phone.

It would be great if you could access the music stored on the core whilst being anywhere in the world. I’m sure a dealer told me a while back this was possible but he didn’t mention the manufacturer and unfortunately it obviously wasn’t Naim.

ATB,

Mike

Hi, are you planning to take your Core on holiday with you? That seems like quite a lot of hassle. You would probably need to take something like an AirPort Express and wire that to the Core to create your own network. I’m pretty sure this would allow you to access your music, using an app such as VLC on your iPhone.
I’d say it might be more practical to copy some music from the Core onto your iPhone and use that as a player.

Mike
No I’m afraid he was either wrong or talking about some other solution.

I wasn’t joking about taking the Core with you. I have twice taken it on holiday with it’s mate my Qb and it’s other friend an Apple WiFi router, but neither time was a flight involved.

Best

David

Nice idea, and some devices such as WD MyCloud allow remote access to its content. I wouldn’t want to rely on an unknown wireless internet service to connect to this, that could be pretty unreliable.

Many thanks for the swift replies.

When my wife comes home from her WI meeting, she’s going to have a fit when she spots the Core in her suitcase.

LOL.

If you have a bit of spare storage space on your phone, I’d have thought it was simple enough to take some music on that and save yourself the hassle and risk of carting the Core around with you.

1 Like

I was only joking. The core isn’t going anywhere.

I will download a few more tunes to my phone. It’s not a problem.

ATB,

Mike

For our holiday later this summer, rather than take the Core this time, I bought a 128 GB USB stick for £30 and I’ve copied a load of rips from the Music/MQ folder of my Core, so I can plug the USB stick into my Qb and then using a WiFi network to control it with my phone. Enjoy your holiday whatever you decide to do!

Best

David

1 Like

or you run a very very long ethernet cable from the core to your holidays place :laughing:

1 Like

I used to access my Synology NAS remotely over the internet, I’ve used it from a few UK locations but could not get it to work in one overseas location, maybe the low line quality & speed prevented it. Whatever, maybe that was what your dealer was referring to, a NAS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.