Uniticore unable to see Unitiserve to Import library

The inability of Paul’s Core to see his US is a US issue as was explained earlier in the thread. And the only thing you need to do with a Core for it to rip is to fully wake it up. It won’t rip a CD while in network sleep for example.

Best

David

Hi Adam, Unitiserve still not dead, then?!

The Core can’t play CDs like the US could, so there won’t be a setting to change it. (I think you mean the Rip Mode setting?)

Hey Chris - most definitely not :slight_smile:

Didn’t realise thet the Core does not play the CDs. I guess one more reason to stick to my US then :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say a public thank you to Steve Harris at Naim for spending a large chunk of his Sunday morning sorting out my Unitiserve issues today. Real dedication…

Paul

2 Likes

Was he successful? What was the problem? Does that mean your Core is now up and running? Don’t leave us hanging like this!

Sorry for the suspense ! The Core is up and running and all the music is where it should be, and is sounding very good, so the objective was achieved. However, we didn’t solve the issue of why the Core could not connect to the Serve (to import music). All the requisite protocols and permissions were correct, but the Serve simply would not let the Core access it’s hard disk. Quite baffling, he had not seen it before but suspected some very subtle configuration issue somewhere on the Serve.

The work-around was to use music that I had already imported to the Core from a Serve backup located on the NAS. The Core had put this music in the Downloads folder, but this location has real implications for handling of metadata on the Core. So he somehow managed to force the Core to reclassify this music as NAIM rips, which then causes the metadata to be rescanned and handled correctly, with all the Naim rips located in the correct folder, called Music.

I don’t pretend to understand it all, but that’s the gist of it.

The wretched CD drive of the Core is still faulty, so it’s being replaced tomorrow…

Paul

3 Likes

I bet a few people would like to know the downloads trick😁

Just to be clear, the music that I downloaded from the NAS back up was 90% CD music which had originally been ripped by the Serve. The other 10% being high res stuff.

The “download trick” only forces the Core to correctly see rips which originally were NAIM rips made on the Serve (I think it looks for a Digifi tag) I don’t think it can fool the Core into treating music from other sources as NAIM rips.

Paul

Thankyou Paul👍

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.