Unitilite Radio Paradise wifi conexion - how to?

Hi to all,

I like very much RP. They transmit FLAC and higher rez material.

My phone has RP and the RP app connects to wifi devices like google home or any other intelligent speaker. I assume that a Bluetooth connexion is less bandwith that WiFi. What device do I need to connect in my Unitilite ? I guess Bluesound node 2i would do, anything else ?

Thanks

Walter

Hi Walter, and welcome.
The older Naim streamers were designed to use the USB input to connect iPhones, originally for use with iTunes, but they can usually be persuaded to work with other apps, including Radio Paradise.
(This way you would actually be getting ALAC rather than FLAC, but still lossless.)

Why not just listen using the UnitiLite’s internet radio?

RP’s earlier attempts at lossless FLAC streams were OK, but barely an improvement on the very decent AAC 320 streams, and Bill from RP admitted as much. The later OGG/FLAC incarnations, supported by the current Naim streamers, sound a great deal better to me, and really transform iRadio from background music to something altogether more enjoyable and musical. I don’t know if the RP app ALAC streams are now any better.

RP now streams 4 channels (usual one, rock, mellow, and another one). There is no specific URL for each one of them. You choose the channel in their application. Same for the sampling rate, it is chosen in their app.

To my konwledge no other way …

Walter

ChrisSU,

can you point me to information about that please ?

Walter

RP will also be transmitting MQA music as announced two days ago. I really want to have access to that.

Walter

If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod, put the RP app on it and set it to the highest quality setting, which is ALAC.
Connect it to the Uniti USB port with a standard lightning to USB data cable.
Open the app, and press play.

When the old Naim streamers were in development, iTunes was all the rage, and this was the way Naim supported it. If the RP app doesn’t work, try playing something from iTunes (or Apple Music) first, and then switch to the RP app. It should then work.

1 Like

Cool, I will try that !

Thanks

Walter

Wonderfull it works !

Thank you very much.

Walter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.