UnitiQute Fault or Foible?

I have similar problems with an NDX (first generation) losing network connection (over wifi).
I started a topic about this but my final solution was to download the free version of an app called “fing” that scans my network and lets me send a “ping” to the NDX. That usually wakes it up.

Bonang that’s interesting. Do you have your NDX connected via wifi or Ethernet? I will have a look at the fing app. Is it straight forward to use?

All the best

Davo

Doh… just reread your post. WiFi it is then!

Bonang. Ok so I’m home now and have just downloaded the fing app. There are a number of devices showing as generic on my network but I have identified the Unitiqute and renamed it in the app. I’ve done a ping test with and without the Unitiqute connected to the network to prove and to familiarise myself with things. I will put it to the test next time it goes down. Thank you

All the best

Davo

My UQ1 (without upgraded streaming board) does the exact same thing; it’s connected via ethernet. It normally ‘disappears’ after there’s an interruption in signal to the access point (i’m not wired directly into the router downstairs.) Only happens once a week. My solution is to just cycle the power on the UQ - that always works.

Not exactly your situation, but may give someone else additional insight. Seems to be more of a foible to me…13 year old network products are not as good as what you get today…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.