Unitiqute front panel LED very dim

Hey guys,
The front panel on my Unitiqute is very low light, can’t even see it really, unless I darken the room.
Is there some kind of reset?
Or is there an obvious setting somewhere to brighten it?
I’m probably out of warranty now, I got this new, I did have a card upgrade once & it’s really been looked after, never moved or even used that much to be honest.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Aid.

The UQ uses an OLED display and it looks like OLEDs have a finite life before they start to fade or even disappear - the display Naim uses being no exception.

AFAIK Naim can still replace these as necessary, so best discuss with your dealer. In future it’s a good idea to set an OLED display to switch off after a minute or two as this seems to ensure a longer life span.

Hi, screen failures in the 1st. gen Naim streamers is a known issue that has affected quite a few units. Once they start to fade they are only going to get gradually worse. They can be replaced by Naim service dept.

Get ready to spend £350.

I read somewhere here recently that Naim are now offering to replace just the display for £150 or similar.

Best

David

It is really disappointing that this is the fate of the OLED displays for the first Uniti generation, esp after such a short operating time.

Are there any other more reliable options such as LCD displays which could be adapted and retro fitted by Naim?

£140

1 Like

OLED displays are not inherently short lived. It’s unfortunate that the original Naim-specified ones were, but I think we can assume that the replacement Naim OLED displays will have a normal life.

Best

David

Yes, have to admit, I thought OLED was supposed to be a reliable technology, so I’m surprised the Naim screens have been failing after just a few years.

Hopefully the new replacements will prove more robust - at least the repair costs are now cheaper, which really is great news.

Their RRP is £140, that figure is direct from Naim Service Department. Obviously your dealer may add additional costs for their time and postage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.