UnitiQute - Will always disconnect from Internet

When I play Tidal playlist, my UnitiQute will never survive and will stop playing.
If I leave a long playlist at night, I will always find it in the morning not working. The UnitiQute says “Stopped”.
Sometimes it stops after 10 songs, just like that.
It happens both when the UnitQute is connected with a cable or to WiFi.
Sometimes I find the UnitQute not connected to the network and I have to restart for reconnecting.
Please help.

Thanks

Noam

Is your Qute running the latest firmware?

Yes!

The reason Gavin asked about the latest firmware which is 4.7 is that this contained a fix for a Tidal-responsible problem that caused some Tidal tracks not to play.

But it sounds more like your UQ is losing sight of your router. Have you tried restarting your router?

Best

David

Another thing to check - which component is assigning an IP address?

Thanks.
Yes I did

The UQ is keep disconnecting. I replaced the router but it is the same.
Netflix is working fine from the same internet outlet and so other streeming services.

Is the UQ disconnecting from your network or from Tidal? So when you come back to it and it says disconnected, can you see it with the app still? And if you can still see it with the app, can you select iradio and does that play ok? If that is ok then if you go back to Tidal can you reconnect?
Best

David

Thanks David

It says: “Stopped”. not “disconnect”.
I can always reconnect. The problem is that I can’t play a long playlist. After few tracks it stops.
If I play a playlist on minimum volume and go to sleep, I will never wake up in the morning to a playing playlist. It will always be: “stopped”.

I connected an Atom at home and it worked fine. It is only the UQ.

OK so supposing you make a playlist of tracks that you know can play, like use the same three or four repeated 10 times. Does it still stop after about ten tracks or does it keep going? So I am trying to understand whether it’s stopping after about ten tracks or stopping when it gets to a particular track or tracks. If you try to play the track that it wouldn’t play in the playlist, does it play on its own?

Also you say you have the latest firmware on the UQ. That is 4.7.0.0 right? Did you do a factory reset after installing the 4.7 firmware?

Best

David

It’s possible that you are a victim if the problem many found with the old streamers, with Tidal in particular. They have buffers that are rather small, and Tidal can have latency problems, such that the buffer will empty even when your connection appears to be stable. Your Atom has a much larger buffer to address this problem.

Thanks
Is that buffer problam solveable?

It will stop in any playlist. Even in Tidal suggested playlists.
It is not a problem of a particular track.
I will try to play 1 track repeated and see if it works overnight.

Sometimes it stopps in the first track that I play.

I’m not sure that I did factory reset after the the latest firmware install, but I did it lately.

1 Like

I think Chris may have the right answer. It depends where you live as to how good the connection to the Tidal servers is. It’s usually not your local internet connection but deeper in the network. It might be worth sending an email to Naim support (not Naim Uniti Support which deal with the new Unitis), tell them where you live and see whether they have any current experience.

Best

David

Unfortunately there’s little you can do if this is the problem, as it depends on the performance of the connection all the way back to the Tidal server you are connected to. You can ensure that your own internet connection and LAN are running properly, but that is only a small part of the chain.
You can view the buffer on the Uniti front panel display, and will be able to watch it emptying before play stops.

Thanks

How come that my mobile phone, using the WiFi of the same router, will buffer Tidal on the Tidal App, easily and the Naim App crash and stop?
Isn’t it is the same “part of the chain”?

It is strang. Buffering problems with 4 minutes songs, 30MB max?
I’m not playing a 40 minutes Symphony.

Unfortunately the old Naim streamers were developed before Tidal and other web streaming services existed, and were designed around streaming from a local source, typically a NAS used as a music store/server. Latency is not really an issue here, so a small buffer was fine. The new streamers address this by using a larger 50MB buffer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.