UnitiQute2 again

I think that might be the way to go then Chris. Gives me some breathing space. Just a quick question. What’s the best way of connecting the Qute2 to the 202 because it doesn’t have a DIN output on it?
Anyway, when I eventually get a decent streamer the value of the Qute2 lying around, until I got round to selling it, wouldn’t be too much of a financial paperweight. If I could find a 2nd hand streamer at a hi fi dealership I doubt they’d give me much of a trade in on the Qute2; that’s if they would accept it at all, which I doubt they would.

It’s fairly easy to get an RCA cable to DIN fitting , just ask your HiFi dealer . Years ago it was quite a common request as many sources had RCA only outputs

I’ve seen 2xRCA to DIN cables but the only digital output on the Qute2 is a single RCA. Never seen a 1xRCA to DIN. Is that what you meant?

You need a 2 x Phono to 5-pin DIN cable. It might be better to use the Unitiqute in a second system though, and the V1 into the 202/200, as it has a fixed volume line out with the choice of Phono or DIN sockets.
If you buy from a dealer, I would think that they would take a Qute2 as trade in, as they are still popular so should be easy to sell. You would probably get more money from a private sale if you can be bothered.

1 Like

As far as the V1, I’ve read that the fixed out doesn’t actually bypass the preamp section, so you would be doubling up, though another preamp could alter the sound. Whether that’s for the better and at what cost I don’t know. I love the sound of my V1 as it is and have never tried another preamp in between it and my amp.

What amp are you running your V1 through?

Rebuilt chrome bumper 110 that no longer has the capacity to power a preamp. Sounds lovely, and I always think I need to upgrade but then I just listen and think, nah… I asked my dealer about upgrading to a 100, and he said definitely not, my 110 is better.

For the OP, I recommend discussing the V1 fixed output directly with Naim Tech Support to get an authoritative clarification (assuming it’s relevant to you)

1 Like

Good point Jude. I’ll do that.

Hi, the fixed output option on a dac v1 sets the variable output to a level suitable for the line level input on an integrated amplifier or preamp. At the same time, the volume control is disabled. If you plug in headphones while in fixed output mode, the volume control is enabled for the headphone output only.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.