Unitiserve 2TB

Good morning,

1. I recently purchased a pre owned US 2TB. The desktop client (4,0,16,1180) says my US has newer software and I should update DTC to the latest version, can I down load this or do I need a disc from Naim?
  2. Also how to I find which version of software the server is running, I can’t find a system or tools or settings option on the DTC. I did search for this topic but could not find it, thanks in advance.

For my last, and most up to date US FW update, they sent me a disc.

Just contact the service department and they can organise it. (I, however, dealt with Will about this as I was in contact with him about Beta testing). Let them know the version your US is on and they should send you a disc.

1 Like

You can download n-serve for IOS if you have an iPhone or iPad or n-serve for Mac. That will let you see the firmware version.

If the DTC tells you that a newer version is available but still works, then you probably do have the latest firmware which is 1.7c. I forget how you can see the firmware version with the Windows DTC, but there will be a way for sure.

The latest version of the DTC is on the CD that you have to get from Naim.

Or you can download the latest firmware and the latest DTC from the German Naim distributor - the link is in this earlier thread:

Best

David

2 Likes

You can find the version of firmware from the setting section of n-serve.

2 Likes

N-Serve app. Settings/server version.

Mine seems to be on 1.7b I was sure it was ‘c’.

As a side note, you should be using the n-serve app for day to day use, for example ripping and metadata editing. The Desk Top Client is more for library management tasks.

1 Like

@davidhendon wrote in 2019:

And it’s essential to do the 1.7c update on your Unitiserve as this fixes several problems caused by the demise of the AMG metadata lookup service. You can check what software version you are on using either the Naim n-serve app for IOS, n-serve for Mac or the Windows DTC, which you can download from the Naim website.”

1 Like

I have downloaded the latest DTC from the German website, although this has the same version number, the DTC has now stopped asking me to update it every time I go into it, my US is on the 1.7cRC1 version and all is working well. Thank you all for your help.

2 Likes

1.7cRC1 was the “release candidate” beta, but Naim released it to the public subsequently without change except to remove the RC1 label, so you do have the latest firmware there.

Best

David

1 Like

That’s very good news, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.