Unitiserve does not find albums just released

A single album not found by the online lookup service hardly makes it worthless! A little frustrating, perhaps, that you have to enter the information manually, but as I said earlier, this is, in my experience, very rare, and possibly caused by an internet connection dropout. If you have to find someone to blame, complain to the record distributor for failing to submit their information to the lookup service, as that is most likely why they would be unable to find it.

For those who have the 1.7c firmware and have downloaded the desktop client from the official website I note that at the beginning the DC software gives an error message saying that it is not compatible with the Unitiserve firmware … Brava naim …

The latest version of Desktop Client available to download from the Naim website is for units that are still running the 1.7b firmware.

You should have received updated Desktop Client software on the Firmware 1.7c update cd that Naim shipped to you.

You can download the n-Serve app and do the changes from an iPhone or iPad. I use the former. I have noticed in the last several months that when ripping a new CD; the cover metadata only shows up 50% of the time. For the rips which haven’t successfully shown the CD cover image I just go to the link that says ‘change cover’ and it brings up a search of suitable images that I can select. However, of the 1000+ CDs which I have ripped; I have had to manually write in the song titles of maybe six; three of which were non-English language (music) CDs. I’m still Ok with my Unitiserve… it has foibles but nothing that seriously infuriates me.

Ok. Thanks, uninstalled and re installed from the CD. Thanks, I hadn’t seen it.

I’ve had similar issues since installing 1.7c too Andrea. It rips OK, but title is often garbled with missing letters and odd symbols or hyphens substituted, tracks usually ok, but it has completely stopped finding album art - always the Naim CD symbol. If I attempt to use N-serve to edit art it goes through the process of finding art on line but after hitting ‘use image’ it won’t accept the change. Same result if I try to use my own photo too. Anyone experienced similar?

By far the easiest way to amend metadata on the Unitiserve is to use n-serve on an iPad or iPhone, if you have either of those.
Best
David

Blockquote

I do indeed David. However, as I mentioned in the first message, it won’t hold my changes

1 Like

I remember having this problem a couple of times with 1.7b some years ago, but each time closing the n-serve app and then restarting it sorted the problem.

So if you restart the Unitiserve and the app and still have a problem, then I’m stumped. Can you edit metadata that looks ok? Or is it just metadata that appears corrupted that won’t save?

Best

David

Thanks David. Tried those things too. I’ve just been in touch with a Naim Support on this and they’ve raised a ticket. Apparently the third such similar issue that have very recently had come to light. They will review and hopefully get back to me.

Oh well I will be interested to hear what the outcome is. Mind you I finally sold my Unitiserve a few weeks back as I’ve been using a UnitiCore for a year or so now.

But there are always forum members asking for help with Unitiserve here!
Best

David

I spent 20 minutes last night typing in track titles etc. for the Roger Waters’ Buenos Aires double cd. It’s the first unrecognised album I’ve had in months (and at least 300 discs). Given it’s an unofficial ‘bootleg’ perhaps it’s not that surprising the database didn’t find it. Hardly Naim’s fault, and no big deal to rectify. N-Serve is a very reliable editor in my experience, and I can’t recall the last time I failed to achieve the desired result. Perhaps I’m just lucky?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.