Unitiserve firmware 1.7c

That’s because it’s not wasting time trying to do the online metadata lookup from AMD, which no longer exists.

You will also need to update the Naim Desktop Client on your pc if you use it. This is included in the Naim supplied disc.

Wow 1.7c must have passed me by. I wonder if Naim could post the update on their website?

Tim

They haven’t and the reason given was that they need to know they have the support resources in place because server upgrades are potentially complicated, if the lack of the AMG metadata service has already bogged the server down.

You can get a CD from Naim Support with a quick phone call or email though. And it’s normally straightforward to do the upgrade.

Best

David

For a few days now I’ve been ripping my CDs with a UnitiserveSSD. The firmware version is 1.7c RC1. Not sure if this is the right one? RC1 is release candidate 1. Is this the final version? Do I have to update?

Thanks, gave Naim a call and spoke to Duncan. Sorted!

Great customer service.

Tim

RC1 is the beta version of 1.7c but the only difference is that it calls itself 1.7c RC1 rather than 1.7c. Or to put it another way, there were no changes after RC1 went through the beta group process.

When Naim first supplied CDs to people wanting to do the update, some of them were RC1. So it’s exactly the same as the release and you don’t need to do anything.

Best

David

1 Like

Thank you very much for the usefull information David.

Has anyone else found an improvement to SQ through the US following install of 1.7c? I’m listening to Neil Young - Dreamin’ Man Live and it has never sounded this good through the uPnP. So crisp and detailed. I installed the 1.7c CD a couple of days ago.

No-one else has made that suggestion, that I can recall.
It would be surprising too because the change is basically about looking up metadata and the main difference was the deletion of a defunct lookup service. During playback the US wouldn’t normally be doing any looking up although I suppose there might be queued jobs being done. So maybe the processor load is lower if the US isn’t waiting and watching by the window for its old love AMG to come back home, so to speak!

Best

David

No difference to sound quality - essentially 1.7c was an upgrade handling meta-data lookup.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.