Unitiserve keeps flashing when turned on

Because the CMOS stuff is not on the HDD.

But I’m not sure what is going on. The fact that it can’t find a boot disc is concerning, but can you not go into the bios settings and check where it’s looking for the boot?

In any case @NeilS is probably better placed to advise than me…

Best

David

Hi Anothertoy,

When you enter the blue BIOS screen by pressing/holding delete on switch on, you can check if the HDD is visible in the top left menu option (this is where the time & date settings are). You should see the HDD & the optical drive.
You only need to select load Naim defaults, then save & exit. Ignore the load optimised option.
There is no need to reset the BIOS first, there is a jumper for doing it on a header just next to the battery, but removing the battery for a few minutes will reset everything anyway.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Hi Neil

So I reentered cmos settings and could see the hard drive and optical drive when I enter the menu in the top left. I loaded the Naim defaults and hit N to optimise then saved and exit. When it reboots it still says “Verifying DMI Pool Data … disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter”

@NeilS

You shouldn’t be answering “N” to anything in the BIOS, load Naim defaults then “Y”, save & exit “Y”

Regards
Neil.

When I move the cursor to highlight the “load Naim defaults” I then press enter which then brings up the box “optimise settings” to which I answer N then press enter. (N is the default selection on the optimise settings question). Is there another way to set it to “load Naim default” besides pressing enter?

Just answer Y instead of N, then save & exit.

Regards
Neil.

I’d like to add one thing. My menu says Load Naim defaults not Restore Naim defaults. When I highlight Load Naim defaults and press enter, it asks me to Load Optimised Defaults and not Load Naim defaults.

Yes, once you have pressed enter on load Naim defaults, then change the default N to Y, press enter. Highlight save & exit (I think the default here is Y) and press enter again.

Edit: Enter twice on the last bit (I think)!
I’ve done this procedure so many times, it’s second nature - when I have to think about it, it becomes confusing! :grinning:

Regards
Neil.

Ok I have done that then when it reboots it says “verifying DMI Pool Data … DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER”

Ok, I’m afraid it does sound like you have a genuine HDD failure then. You will need to organise a repair, as the operating system is stored on the HDD & it isn’t a simple swap.

Regards
Neil.

Ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.