UnitiServe software update question

You can find the update to download on a German site, Music line.
@Suedkiez will surely confirm.

Thank you Clair.

You can burn a disc yourself if you prefer, and use that to load the update. As long as you have a computer that can burn a disc it’s easy enough.
The download is available here:

https://www.focal-naim.de/Software.778.0.html

I mean Clare. sorry!

1 Like

The link redirects to the Focal/Naim German home page

Indeed, Naim HQ sends a CD if requested, I suppose to minimize potential of errors, but for some reason it was available for download from the German Naim distributor, MusicLine, which is now Focal-Naim Germany. robert_h wrote comprehensive instructions here:

The MusicLine website changed address to Focal-Naim a while ago, but last I checked the old links were automatically redirected, so I hope this still works

1 Like

Thank You .I will try this when I get home from work .

Because MusicLine is now Focal-Naim Germany, but the link redirects to the correct page on the new site

I just tried and it goes to the homepage. Putting 1.7c into the search bar then finds nothing.

I just clicked the old MusicLine link from robert_h’s post and it redirected me to the correct page under the new address:

The new page is
https://www.focal-naim.de/software.778.0.html

From there, clicking “Musikserver (vor 2016)” still works exactly as described by robert_h and unfolds a new section, where you find 1.7c for download:

It didn’t work for me but that looks great. Hopefully @gpouch can follow it and get sorted out.

again I’ll have to wait till later but I appreciate all of your help.

Quite strange that the automatic redirect didn’t work for you, but I hope the resulting new link from my previous post works for @gpouch.

Does that new link resolve correctly for you, HH? I.e.,

https://www.focal-naim.de/software.778.0.html

Make sure that you already have 1.7b installed before attempting the install of 1.7c, that’s a hard requirement

Strange, for me it goes to the software downloads page from where you can select ‘Musikserver’.

I get this:

Weird! Maybe they are geoblocking it and it is only accessible from Germany (or at least not from UK). Seems the most likely explanation. The world of Naim is full of quirks and surprises. It’s very likeable but sometimes infuriating.

Edit: Seeing now that ChrisSU can access it, I suppose from UK :man_shrugging:

I show a “Server Hangup” and Yes I’m in the United States

I can’t access to it neither. Have the Focal Naim or an non authorised page access .

Crazy. They are making it a bit harder than it needs to be. I’d figure that in the current situation, where Clare even asked not to write a follow-up email in order to not increase the load even more, they’d be happy with not having to send out CDs. Just put it on the main Naim page already! I mean, 1.7b is there, how bad can it be if 1.7c is as well. Plus did Germans shoot themselves in the foot with it? Probably not or they would have pulled it :man_shrugging:

One is tempted to download it and put it on a Google Drive link, but of course that’s impossible because of redistribution rights and so on, which must of course be respected. But man, what an itch :joy:

1 Like