UnitiServe software update question

I get this:

Weird! Maybe they are geoblocking it and it is only accessible from Germany (or at least not from UK). Seems the most likely explanation. The world of Naim is full of quirks and surprises. It’s very likeable but sometimes infuriating.

Edit: Seeing now that ChrisSU can access it, I suppose from UK :man_shrugging:

I show a “Server Hangup” and Yes I’m in the United States

I can’t access to it neither. Have the Focal Naim or an non authorised page access .

Crazy. They are making it a bit harder than it needs to be. I’d figure that in the current situation, where Clare even asked not to write a follow-up email in order to not increase the load even more, they’d be happy with not having to send out CDs. Just put it on the main Naim page already! I mean, 1.7b is there, how bad can it be if 1.7c is as well. Plus did Germans shoot themselves in the foot with it? Probably not or they would have pulled it :man_shrugging:

One is tempted to download it and put it on a Google Drive link, but of course that’s impossible because of redistribution rights and so on, which must of course be respected. But man, what an itch :joy:

1 Like

@Stevesky Maybe it is time to put the 1.7c firmware for Unitiserve/HDX onto the Naim website? There can’t be that many people needing it and it’s perhaps unnecessarily difficult for those that do? Especially as it’s existential for these old servers and the Naim website doesn’t even tell customers that there is an essential firmware update that they need and how to get it.

3 Likes

There is certainly something existential about the difficulties in finding it, rather like something Sartre might have written. As you say, 1.7b is there as a download, so why not 1.7c. I wonder if there is anyone left at Naim who even knows what a UnitServe is, let alone why 1.7c is important.

2 Likes

There really are a few…

Just curious if you have ever attempted to Rip CDs in another device and and Drag and Drop them into the Unitiserve as a work around?

Or Kafka

That’s easy to do. Just rip them with dbpoweramp and drop them into the downloads folder. It works perfectly.

I know, Kafka is better, but I was just picking up on David’s existential.

Ah, I saw David’s “existential” but didn’t make the connection. Smart :slight_smile:

Just this week we have celebrated the work anniversaries of 6 members of Naim staff with an average of 20 years of service each - that’s typical of a company imbued with decades of experience.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope there wasn’t music and dancing into the early hours.

There is always music.

1 Like

The Unitiserve was introduced 18 years after I joined Naim!

I’m still going strong :grinning:

Regards
Neil.

5 Likes

Good man! Can you get someone to put the 1.7c update on the website please? It would help customers and save Naim work. A win-win.

2 Likes

Good idea. Naim sent me the 1.7c disc, but during times when the pressures were less. This is a job they could do without now, so putting 1 .7c on the website is a great idea.

My US is one of the first 2TB models. Having been poorly twice, and recovered in Salisbury hospital, I must say it has, and is, giving stirling service (excuse the pun), so it is worth getting your US up to date IMV.

3 Likes

I think I filled out a ticket on the 9th on January. how long should I wait before giving up ?