UnitiServe software update question

As Matthias says, you can add, remove and edit files in the Downloads folder just like any other computer drive. Simply navigate to it on any computer (Mac or PC) to drag and drop, or copy and paste files to it.
If you do this, you cannot edit those files using a Naim interface such as N-Serve, although you can view them.

You should just be able to leave the US to do the update. You should follow the instructions to the letter regarding waiting for it to complete, restarting etc.

Not sure why this isn’t working for you. Maybe you should get confirmation from Naim that they sent you a proper unzipped disc image suitable for the purpose. They probably did and I don’t mean to insult their intelligence! But the Naim support staff who had a thorough understanding of the old servers were ‘replaced’ and in any case you may need to get them to help if you can’t resolve this yourself.

It was Will from Beta testing who arranged for Naim to send me an official 1.7c update disc.

Thank You

So I successfully drag and dropped several test files (FLAC) to the Downloads file but I cannot see them in the Naim Desktop Client .Is this Correct ? You can store music files on the US but it doesn’t see them or play them?
This is good information
Also if you right click on the NSSRVDD47 folder you have an option to connect to it as a remote connection which brings up a Windows XP embedded log on screen which because I’m not the original owner of said device I do not possess the username and password.

You will be able to see them in the DTC and play them once the Unitiserve has rescanned. It will do it automatically eventually, but it can take hours or even weeks to get round to that! It was one of the reasons I sold my Unitiserve.

You may be able to force a rescan using the DTC or perhaps a restart of the US will do it.

1 Like

I find a restart usually works. New files appear in ‘Last Played’, even if you haven’t played them.

1 Like

As mentioned above, I was waiting to see how the upgrade to 1.7c went before trying my own.
Well - immense thanks to @gpouch and @robert_h for experience and advice. A number of false starts - perhaps not waiting long enough for a rescan? - but yesterday I finally managed to successfully burn a copy of the iso and after closing the Uniti Serve down and leaving it overnight, the upgraded software is showing on all devices.
I know the upgrade won’t affect SQ but not being up to date was really bugging me. Onto my next obsession!
Thanks again
Ian

1 Like

Update,
What Can This Strange Device Be ?
This morning on a Wim I inserted Yes Fragile in to the US and it found it and Ripped it the the hard drive.
A better match for album ‘Yes - Fragile’ was found, using ‘Rovi Match with MusicBrainz’.
Artist = Yes
Album = Fragile
Disc ID = 7909AD09

The lookup was performed for a new album.

How ever ,3 more attempts after that proved fruitless .

I then grabbed the led Zeppelin 2 CD box set . It recognized disk 2 but not disk 1 . Could have a wonky CD unit ?

Na you are just fighting very old technology.

1 Like

Tha databases the US “consults” are outdated or even out of business. It is pretty random in what it recognizes and what it does not. But editing is easily done with the desktop client.

Actually that is not correct. If you have the 1.7c firmware, then the US consults Rovi and MusicBrainz, both of which still work.

But older CDs often give odd results because the metadata databases don’t necessarily list every version there ever was and newly released CDs can take a while to make the metadata databases because the publishers don’t see it as a priority.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.