Unitiserve ssd problem

Hi,
I had a problem with my US last year which Steve Harris very kindly helped me with. Recently I have been unable to rip a number of cds (particularly hybrid sacds) and yesterday after successfully ripping 5 cds I got the following msg “No music store could be located to hold this ripped disc. More disc space may become available after encoding of recently ripped albums has been completed”. Since then my cd library has disappeared from my n-serve app. Has any one else had this problem?

I think this is telling you that your US can’t see the music store on your NAS. Have you tried restarting everything? I would turn off the US, the NAS and your router, also any switch, then after a few minutes restart the router, then when it has fully restarted turn on any switch and also the NAS and then after that the US.

Best

David

Hi David,
Thanks for your advice. Following past experience I have done as you suggested with no luck. I’m not really sure where to go from here.

Ok. So do you have a PC? If so can your PC see the NAS? Can you browse the music on the NAS with your PC?
Best

David

I can see the Nas on my PC network, however when I double click I get the error message Ox0004092 No such interface supported. I am not a techie, I don’t know what this means, I expected to see my music library.
Paul

The Unitiserve can be a bit slow at saving rips, especially if you have set it to save them in FLAC, and more so if you are saving them to offboard storage, which with the SSD version, you will be. If you have ripped a number of CDs one after the other, sometimes you just need to be patient and leave it to complete the process, one album at a time. To check this, you can look at the folder on a computer, and if you are saving to FLAC, you can see the conversion taking place, one track at a time. Any interruptions or congestion on your network may add to the problem. So the first thing I would do is to look at the files on a computer and see if they appear to be in order.

Have you checked the (Unitiserve) display interface on your laptop/pc that the music store folder is still elevated to ‘Music Store’ rather than a shared file? It happened to me a couple of times when the back up file was (mysteriously) elevated to Music Store.

1 Like

It sounds like a NAS issue then, because you should be able to connect to the NAS over your network. If your PC can’t then it’s not surprising that your US can’t.

I’m not a NAS expert so let’s see whether someone else reading this thread can advise. What NAS is it?

Best

David

Thanks everyone. I have just ripped a cd successfully. My problem now is how to find my missing library. I have performed a re-scan on my readynas and no errors were showing. It looks like an interface issue between the ssd and the readynas.

Looking at a previous download folder problem on this forum I’m going to need to contact the help desk and ask Steve Harris if he can help. I guess that won’t be possible until business is up and running again. Only a minor problem given the state of the world at the moment.

You can see whether he is online and has any thoughts @Stevesky?

Best

David

Hi @sacdfan

Raise a support ticket with our helpdesk, referencing this thread and we’ll aim to sort things out.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

David,
Many thanks for your help.
Paul.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
I’ll get in touch with your helpdesk.
Many thanks.
Paul.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.