Unlistenable tunes

The top 20 albums thread is lots of fun,
It would be interesting to hear the opposite end of the spectrum, but not so much albums as individual tracks. And since we don’t wish to trigger any undue duress, let’s limit to ten.

Here’s mine:

Bobby Goldsboro : Honey
Ohio Express : Chewy Chewy
Tommy Roe : Jam up and Jelly Tight
Bobby Sherman : La La La
1910 Fruitgum Company : Simon Says
Gary Puckett and the Union : Gap Woman
Three Prophets : Playgirl
Brooklyn Bridge : Worst That Could Happen
Bobby Vinton: I Love How You Love Me
Ohio Express : Yummy Yummy Yummy

All streamable on Tidal and who cares if there’s dropouts

Is it possible to correct my poor typing in the title?

corrected for you.

Thank you Richard

Abba
Boney M
James Last
Osmonds
Sex pistols
Kenny G
Glen Miller
Village People
Righeira - Vamos A La Playa
Metallica

Phew I’m totally exhausted and emotionally drained, I don’t have the power to write down the titels of the songs as well.

1 Like

Virtually everything in the pop charts. At times in the late 60s and through the 70s it was down to about 80% unlistenable, but mostly say 95 %.

95% of jazz
95% of soul
95% of rap, hip-hop etc
95% of C&W
95% of modern classical music

(All just indicative proportions)
No point trying to name the often so-called tunes because by their very nature most are completely unmemorable to me as I can’t stand listening to them!

Perhaps you chose the wrong hobby :wink:

.sjb

4 Likes

:rofl:
Not at all - there is plenty that is great to play! With some 1200 albums in my collection I never have enough time to play as much as I’d like, and it keeps growing, albeit slowly (which is just as well)

Meanwhile I forgot:
Crooners 99%
Big Band 99%

Sorry, that’s only 8 genres I can think of, not tge requested 10

Trance? Gregorian Chants? Chinese opera? Military marching bands, polka…:wink:

Hang on, I need to check with The Boss.
I’ll be back in a mo,
Apparently, everything I listen to is unlistenable!

Mike

4 Likes

Obla di obla da - The Beatles
Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
We all stand together - Paul McCartney and the Frog Chorus
Because - The Beatles
I wanna hold your hand - The Beatles
The pipes of peace - Paul McCartney
Wonderful Christmas times - Paul McCartney
Spies like us - Paul McCartney
Revolution 9 - The Beatles
Spirits of ancient Egypt - Paul McCartney

Hang on I might be onto something here…

2 Likes

Anything by the Rolling Stones.

I picked up a copy of their first and second albums a few years ago. Absolute rubbish.

Same with Beggars Banquet. Absolute rubbish.

Very few unlistenable.

Although, at or near the top of the list has to be “Zoom” by Fat Larry’s Band. Utterly rubbish.

Tiffany - I think we’re alone now :weary::weary::weary:
Robbie Williams - Angels mostly but everything he has ever done really
Beyoncé - Load of wailing
The Pogues - That Christmas song whatever it’s called
Slade - Merry Christmas
Shadows - everything
The Firm - Star Trekkin
The Smiths - anything
Van Morrison - Moondance
Don McLean - American Pie

Much easier to compile than my Top 20 Favourite albums…!

1 Like

Not 100% in the spirit of this thread but for me anything Florence and the machine on vinyl. I am a big fan and seen her live many times, CD is OK but not great. Whoever does her production needs to be put up against the wall …
There was a limited release of higher than hope, I bought that and it was even worse than the standard pressing !
In this day and age not good enough, Jess Glynne/Lana Del Rey et al manage it.

Oh and in the spirit of this thread, anything heavy metal:grinning::grinning:

Wow, I find very little that is actually un-listenable, some genre in smaller doses perhaps. I suppose I find rap my least favourite.

Otherwise, I am fine with Classical, Jazz, Big band, Crooners, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s ,80’s, 90’s, Disco, Motown, Prog rock, Country and Western, Metal, Punk, Ska, New wave, Indie, Electronic, General pop and all the others i have missed off.

Feelin’ Groovy - Simon & Garfunkel. It was on every store’s elevator playlist when I was growing up and hearing it 10 times a day when I was working at a supermarket made me want to club innocents with something heavy.

Surely you forgot Mull of Kintyre, astonishingly awful

Im listening to Lungs on vinyl right now and it sounds fine to me, what do you think is wrong with it?

Edit: Just noticed who im replying to, maybe when you get a cart/phono upgrade you might revise your opinion :grin:

Yes, you are 100% correct, but I have always felt like this about Florence albums, even before my other thread. Her albums seem “muffled” to me and not as clear and sharp. I was listening to a 1960’s pressing of a Fats Domino album last night and to my ears it sounds much nicer. Again, something like Lana Del Rey/Ultraviolence knocks Florence into a cocked hat for me. Like most threads on this forum, ultimately it comes down to taste !

I will get my coat :grinning: