Upgrade advice request

Hi Nicocox

Welcome - I’ll throw my thoughts into the snake pit !!

I think you have quite a number of choices but just sit down and think about where you might like to end up

My thoughts are

NDX2
XPS DR ( or keep 555PS depending on how old has it been serviced etcetc , compatibility)
NAC282
NAPSC
HICAPDR
NAP250

Have a look on the Naim website I think they recommend this as a system. Is the 250 DR’d , you may want to think about that

You could always get a CORE for CD ripping.

Sell all other equipment

Fun times ahead for you

Cheers

Bevo

1 Like

Great Config ! I will also reduce the number of pieces which is good.
Thank you Bevo
Cheers
Nick

Great Config ! I will also reduce the number of pieces which is good.
Thank you Bevo
Cheers
Nick

Great advices and great community !
Thank you guys :sunglasses:

I would keep the following:

Nac 282
Nap 250
Napsc
CD555PS
CDS3
Non Naim XPS

Sell the HDX, 200, 202, 2x Flatcaps, and DAC.

And then I would buy a Hicap DR or Supercap2 or Supercap DR depending on funds for the 282.

Then I would get an NDS or NDX2 for streaming and use your 555PS. The non Naim XPS can be used with the CDS3.

So Final system would be:

HiCap DR/Supercap 2/Supercap DR
Napsc
CDS3
Non Naim XPS
NDS/NDX2
555PS

And as an alternative If you don’t want the CDS3 then sell it and the non Naim XPS to reduce costs.

Other thing to consider is a NAS drive or Core for storing ripped CDs.

Personally, I would keep the CDS3 if you can. It’s a mighty fine CD player. I went through a series of upgrades a while back and sold my CDS2 and XPS to fund an NDS. I regretted that decision but am now happy to have bought a CDS3 and XPS2.

1 Like

Thank you Dan_M,
it’s just that I don’t have a lot of CDs and would rather get FLAC files or rip any CDs through a Core. But will definitelly consider your advice. I would however be more keen into buying a nice turntable…
Cheers
Nico

1 Like

In which case it makes sense to sell the CDS3 and non Naim XPS. You will get good money for them.

What turntable are you considering?

Rega RP10 or Thorens, any thoughts ?

And keep the ProAc’s !

The RP10 is a very fine turntable. I have a Thorens TD160 which will be using as a system for my son. And then I have my LP12 which I adore.

There’s plenty out there to choose from.

Rega P10 if you are thinking TT’s

I can’t wait to test both of them - ProAc are definitely bigger… but never heard them…

You’ve never heard ProAc’s? You’re in for a treat. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.