Upgrade Junction - SN3, Power, Source or Speakers?

Right - My study system is XS2, CD5X, Upgraded RP3, Chord HugoTT into PMC Twenty5.21.

It’s a VERY small room, but gets most of my listening - this is a picture before I modded the TT and moved the XS2 in from the main room, but gives an idea as to size.

So, it’s upgrade time. I was thinking speakers, but it’s difficult to get much larger in the room. Then perhaps the XS2 into a SN3, or Power upgrade or source.

It’s all too much, which is why I would appreciate any thoughts on what i guess has been answered many times. Oh, vinyl is the main source but digital (roon to Hugo) and CD both get a look-in.

What’s your current cartridge & phono stage?

1 Like

Dynavector 10x5 Mk2 with Dynavector P-75 phono stage - both summer 2019 upgrades

1 Like

I’d upgrade the deck

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve been, in my vascillation, eyeing a few - RP8 being the leader

1 Like

I would, if possible, put the Rega on their wall shelf. No need to spend more!

1 Like

Personally, I still think the source first ideology is capable of working wonders in a simple system, so i’d be gracing that lovely XS2 & PMC pairing with a new P8 or even wait for the P10 (if in budget). Possibly even look for an RP10 secondhand. As new-ish, keep the cartridge and phono stage for now.

Agree with Gwarminger, if viable, pop the deck (current / upgrade) on the appropriate dedicated Rega wall shelf (above the iMac?).

2 Likes

I thought about the wall but have improved the isolation in the meantime by adding Boing feet to the RP3 - although would need to rethink this with a new deck.

Yes, the new RP10 looks lovely…

1 Like

Thanks for comments - I have found a secondhand RP10…

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing a report on how it sounds

1 Like

Source first - good choice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.